Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are getting Knox’d again :facepalm:
Im ready to turn it off if Mullinz doesn't fire Knox, English and Dwag Robinson. They've failed utterly, extensively, and conclusively. Three years is enough.

Billy G should be on the cusp.

If he fires those three, makes good hires, and we get an elite class next year, we are still three years from competing again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We are getting Knox’d again :facepalm:

I can see it now...

“Hello prospect...”
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the worst part of getting Knoxed repeatedly for three years is we ran off Jujuan Seider to make a spot for that piece of shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Please stop. My PTSD is flaring. @ltraz knows i cant handle this. Let’s switch to the merits of the Billy G’s coaching and recruiting.
I just wonder what could be. It's wrong, I know. Seider should have gotten along fine. He is Doc Holliday's protege, and Doc and Mullinz were pretty tight back in the day.

That first ESD was so promising. Rocketing up. We kept the Butters types we wanted for the most part. Dan added EJ. It seriously looked like NSD might even be better. Then we ran Seider off and let the rest of the staff "shine".

I just hope we manage to keep Gray. I did notice he got a nice bump in salary.

Even more hilarious: Knox is the highest paid assistant except Dwag Choker and the two co OCs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I just wonder what could be. It's wrong, I know. Seider should have gotten along fine. He is Doc Holliday's protege, and Doc and Mullinz were pretty tight back in the day.

That first ESD was so promising. Rocketing up. We kept the Butters types we wanted for the most part. Dan added EJ. It seriously looked like NSD might even be better. Then we ran Seider off and let the rest of the staff "shine".

I just hope we manage to keep Gray. I did notice he got a nice bump in salary.

Even more hilarious: Knox is the highest paid assistant except Dwag Choker and the two co OCs.
It was an insane decision then and it is now. If the CDM era ultimately fails (as you suspect), I will attribute the beginning of the downfall to that particular staffing decision. Knox has been a disaster - maybe an average RB coach but those are a dime a dozen. Terrible ST coach. Our best ST performances are when we are considered average. His recruiting - an RB coach specialty - is atrocious on all fronts - positionally and geographically. I think the only decent prospect he’s got a shot at is A Williams and that’s only because he falls within his jurisdiction. Meanwhile, Seider is slaying it elsewhere and producing very good backs.

English at least showed this year that he can get some decent kids in the door. Robinson is not spectacular but again - he’s gotten some top kids in the door. Billy G is hanging on by the skin of his teeth - if it was not for transfers, WR would be as bad as RB. Only time will tell with those three. But Knox is tenfold worse - because of his limitations and who’s spot he stole.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Recruiting is a sales job, and Knox is obviously not a very good salesman. I used to be in sales myself and sucked at it. I realized my inefficiencies, and found a new profession. How many whiffs will it take for Knox to walk into the sunset?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Up next is Jalen Lee. The entire article is excellent.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/five-play-prospect-gators-dl-jalen-lee-scouting-report

There are many techniques within defensive line play in order to be disruptive. The swim move, rip, spin move, and so on and so forth. For Lee, who stands at 6-3, 306 lbs., his go-to move is the hand swipe.

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTY5OTExMTI5OTQ5MDg3MDk3%2Flee-swipe.gif

Sometimes Lee does the hand swipe more subtly, sometimes it can be ‘violent hands’ the way college defensive line coaches prefer, truly defeating the opposing player. With time, he will master the technique. When he gets it right, Lee’s athleticism takes over as he gets his hips past the offensive lineman and makes a play in the backfield.

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTY5OTExMTU2NTI0MTk3MjQx%2Flee2.gif

During this next play, Lee uses a rip move, but he also adds something that will make a defensive line coach happy: He sunk his hips down just a little bit to gain leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator