Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
AR discussed decommitting with Johnson months before we ever went after Beck. He isn’t scorned and we never let up on our recruitment of him. I’m sure he understands he’s not a sure thing, can’t miss talent at the QB position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AR discussed decommitting with Johnson months before we ever went after Beck. He isn’t scorned and we never let up on our recruitment of him. I’m sure he understands he’s not a sure thing, can’t miss talent at the QB position.
Sure. Just a coincidence.

There was this one time when I told my girlfriend I wanted to see other people but still wanted to bang her too. It worked out about the same way as this did.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So when are we gonna see the bottom fall out with UGA? Either their talent gap will get them a title no matter how Kirby bungles game situations or they stagnate like they seem to be trended toward. Is there a chance that Mullen can overcome the talent gap with one more class or are we disturbed to be 2nd place for the foreseeable future?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Sure. Just a coincidence.

There was this one time when I told my girlfriend I wanted to see other people but still wanted to bang her too. It worked out about the same way as this did.
He specifically said this. But sure I’ll go with what you think since you tend to always be right

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

In two seasons as a starter his completion percentage is less than 50%, hovering around 48%. That's not good, even if he's throwing it downfield.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
In two seasons as a starter his completion percentage is less than 50%, hovering around 48%. That's not good, even if he's throwing it downfield.
Definitely not good, but many factors in play. Wr talent, ol protection, playcalls and timing, etc.

Did anyone watch enough to know if it was simply just poor accuracy?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, it is bad to lose a recruit you want (I won't argue that we still have time to land him before it's official and he's changed his mind twice already). Yes it's worse when they sign with a rival. I have concerns about Mullen's immediate ability to consistently land elite prospects and classes. Having said that...

When UF succeeds it's 'dumb luck' and when UGA succeeds it's due to their capability?

Okay, right. Gotcha.

Do you have any evidence that Mullen and Co. 'dropped' Richardson? That he didn't just decide that he didn't want to be one of two QB's in this UF class or that he didn't like his chances against Beck? I heard from Denny Thompson on Gators Breakdown that UF's coaches have been consistently interested in Richardson and they didn't back off of him when also pursuing Beck. Do you have any evidence or was that just an assumption?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting take on the Beck recruitment by Will Sammon. He said the dwags were always Beck’s dream school. If they’d offered earlier, he never even visits us. There just isn’t anything Mullen could’ve done according to Sammon.

There is no reason to have a sophisticated perspective. When we don't get what we want, it is because the coach(es) is bad. We are bad. Of course we deserve good. ...but we are bad.
:spank:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Black is great on twitter.

There's a 247 article about QB recruiting....and, basically, if we miss on AR - we're screwed. They listed a few pie in the sky QBs; Bryce Young (from Chris Steele's HS), DJ Uiagalelei (who is CB'd to Clemson), Robby Ashford (from Alabama, and CB'd to Auburn)....and Sims (FSU commit). Sims goes to Sandalwood, same school as Eguakun (2019 OL signee) and CB Derek Burmudez (3-star 2020 kid), and Alabama commit CB Jahquez Robinson. So at least we have a relationship there, but FSU's QB board is much more open than ours. There's a few lower rated 3-star Florida DT QBs, but they seem more like preferred walk-on types.
Ashford has shown a lot of interest in us. The plan was to take 2 QBs this year since most likely Franks goes to the NFL (hell he thought he was ready this year) and Trask transfers. We want 4 QBs on the roster. It's not a slight towards AR, it was not AR or Beck it was AR and Beck.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ashford has shown a lot of interest in us. The plan was to take 2 QBs this year since most likely Franks goes to the NFL (hell he thought he was ready this year) and Trask transfers. We want 4 QBs on the roster. It's not a slight towards AR, it was not AR or Beck it was AR and Beck.
Nothing like a combination of facts with rational analysis to take the fun out of a thread topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.