Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I assume that is pointed at me. Im not freaking out.

I said last season didnt matter. It didnt, but it was nice to end with momentum. Great to end with momentum.

I said recruiting was all that mattered. We failed to pull an elite class, but it wasnt a terrible class. And we ended with momentum there too. Mullinz made moves to address the two problem areas.

The fact that we are developing roster balance issues is what it is. Mullinz noted the priblems himself.

Im of course being the reality check for some silly pumpers making "best class ever" type comments. Reality is where I live. Im a thinker not a feeler.

However, I feel more confident than I have since probably 2005.
I feel that you may be mistaken.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That's my take on Griffis. It seems these HS "Edge" rushers or "WDE" types are generally under 220, and at most coming in just over 220. Griffis is around 230+ already, and will almost certainly put on 10lbs between now and his arrival at UF. He can redshirt and as a redshirt freshman could easily be 255+. He's probably more of a tweener right now than an "Edge/WDE". He's certainly not a stickman like Summerall and Bogle.

We already have two heavy's in the class. I'd like to see two more and this class is well on it's way to filling any void on the roster. 2021 season we'll have some depth/experience issues at DT/SDE, but that could be filled again w/ a grad transfer - but hopefully these kids in this class will be ready as 2nd year players to contribute.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Honestly sticking an IMG kid with all that negative environment is a long shot anyway but whatever...anyone know the rate of kids that decommited recommitting?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly sticking an IMG kid with all that negative environment is a long shot anyway but whatever...anyone know the rate of kids that decommited recommitting?
Pretty low, but this early it might be an exception.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So I know we joke about stuff like this as kids being processed but it sounds like this is literally what happened this time. “Best for both sides” and that the staff wasn’t hot on the early take and like what they signed this year way more is what’s being said by insiders. Also feel really good with Chantz Williams. Sounds like we really may only take two WDE this class unless a super elite kids want in.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So I know we joke about stuff like this as kids being processed but it sounds like this is literally what happened this time. “Best for both sides” and that the staff wasn’t hot on the early take and like what they signed this year way more is what’s being said by insiders. Also feel really good with Chantz Williams. Sounds like we really may only take two WDE this class unless a super elite kids want in.
Wasn’t he all gator and spurning Bama just this week? What changed?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Wasn’t he all gator and spurning Bama just this week? What changed?
Coaches like other players better and have looked for a reason to part ways. Now that he’s a take for FSU I really think he’ll end up there unless elite offers start pouring in.

His mom is also retweeting lots of pro FSU articles about his offer there and decommitment here

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Stampini is a national recruiting analyst now and thinks Joseph is a better overall prospect too. We’re in great shape with a couple of 4 stars that are way better.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So you really think it’s a processing move? CDM must be really confident about our recruiting this year.
I mean that’s what it sounds like. Insiders are stopping short of saying processed because the kid could see it. They’re all in on Chantz Williams

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I mean that’s what it sounds like. Insiders are stopping short of saying processed because the kid could see it. They’re all in on Chantz Williams

It’s gotta be good to feel like you can start to get who you want n start cherry picking...another solid season and a down year for FSU/UM n we’ll be back to getting who we want wherever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.