RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Feel like vomiting now?

Yes!!!

leogator

May 5, 2018
I hope so, but these 3* smurfs are piling up a bit deeper than I would personally care for - all while open slots are rapidly dwindling. And this guy doesn't exactly have the world's most impressive 40 time either - especially for a player his size. I've never doubted DM's work ethic before, but with yet another "easy get," I'm really beginning to wonder. I hope I'm wrong, but this is not a good look for a solid top 10 class in the making. We can forget about the 18-20 blue chips this year. At this rate, it just ain't gonna happen.
He just ran an 11.09 100m dash. Granted not as good as Bowman's 10.41 or Arian Smith's 10.30 100m but he's not slow.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Well then ... I think it isnt so much as me misinterpretting as it is you wording poorly. You said ... "Cool to hear, but at the same time kind of annoying, bc it kind of confirms what many of us think...we're just not scummy enough." ... which to me (and probably many others) read that as to say you are annoyed that we aren't scummy enough to get the other 4 out of 5. I may have over inferred your words to state that you'd rather us be scummy enough to get the 4 out of 5 instead. We got Wingo ... great news ... and on top of it we have a parent actually publicly praise how this staff went abou it. Yet, after countless number of negative posts (which do have some valid points) about their recruiting laziness and ineptness, you do the whole Debbie Downer negative take on it. When you do that ... it undercuts any valid point you previously make.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve got several friends who are SC season ticket holders and they still really like him. He must have at least learned to stop treating fans as an annoying distraction.
but he did a lot of schmoozing with the upper alums here, that got him an extra year after he was a known disaster. perhaps not going to war with the fan base will do the same this time.

realistically though, if you are South Carolina, who are you going to get better?

I'm sure he just blames the offensive coordinator, fires another one, and moves on for another two years.

no one can leverage one above-average year better than Chimp and Jimmy Sexton.

Sexton gets a big payday either way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.