Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you want to get a good laugh, go check out FSU's visitors for their Saturday event. It's a list of "who's heading to a Group of Five school?" They're hoping to get some visitors from our camp heading home on Saturday... It's pathetic.

I guess this could go in the FSU is in shambles thread?

leogator

May 5, 2018
I don't think the staff wants him, which is shocking considering they took Graham & Johnson. He's probably being kept on the backburner because we're going after a couple of others (Robinson, Pouncey and a few others). He's probably heading to Auburn, Miami, or maybe Tennessee. Graham is probably going to be a ST's player and I'm fine w/ that, but Johnson is a reach.
You never turn down a 4.38/40 safety no matter what his rating is by the recruiting services.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Here's what I expect out of FNL:
1. Dumervil Commit
2. Lee recommit or Drennen commit
3. Wlicoxon recommit
4. Additional 2021 commits

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Is this a "trust the coaches" post?
Better than a highly rated CB with a 4.7/40. And it is based on my total disregard for the recruiting service rating. I mean, don't you just love it? A rating based on up to 4 significant decimals? Give me a freaking break! And the shear discrepancy in their evaluations. Don't get me started on the UGA biased evaluation of players that Georgia is after. Not to mention the off the street evaluators. Give me a professional evaluation service with people that have actually played the game or coached it based on published criteria with laser based 40s, with accurate weights and heights and other physical measurements, with film analysis of not only highlights but every play, with intelligent analysis of level of competition and then we can talk.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Better than a highly rated CB with a 4.7/40. And it is based on my total disregard for the recruiting service rating. I mean, don't you just love it? A rating based on up to 4 significant decimals? Give me a freaking break! And the shear discrepancy in their evaluations. Don't get me started on the UGA biased evaluation of players that Georgia is after. Not to mention the off the street evaluators. Give me a professional evaluation service with people that have actually played the game or coached it based on published criteria with laser based 40s, with accurate weights and heights and other physical measurements, with film analysis of not only highlights but every play, with intelligent analysis of level of competition and then we can talk.

Leo, I get it.....and I agree w/ a lot of your points. However, I'm tired of the "our coaches are better evaluators than everyone else's coaches" mantra (we heard the same bullsh*t during the Butters era as an excuse for the sh*tty recruiting). At some point we need to land the players at the top (or near the top) of our board (and there is no way Johnson was at, or near, the top of our Safety board). Simple fact is we missed on our top targets and now we have Plan B committed. Sooner or later Plan A needs to happen more often than not - no matter how over-inflated UGA's recruits may be.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We're gonna be in Gainesville this Saturday. While there I wanted to pop by and let the kids see the stadium. I know it's usually always open, but cause they're having such a big recruiting weekend, does anyone know if they close it to the general public on those occasions.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Leo, I get it.....and I agree w/ a lot of your points. However, I'm tired of the "our coaches are better evaluators than everyone else's coaches" mantra (we heard the same bullsh*t during the Butters era as an excuse for the sh*tty recruiting). At some point we need to land the players at the top (or near the top) of our board (and there is no way Johnson was at, or near, the top of our Safety board). Simple fact is we missed on our top targets and now we have Plan B committed. Sooner or later Plan A needs to happen more often than not - no matter how over-inflated UGA's recruits may be.
And who was on top of our safety board? Do you know? Does anybody know? All we know is what offers went out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And who was on top of our safety board? Do you know? Does anybody know? All we know is what offers went out.

Avantae Williams was the clear #1 (and still is - still hoping for a flip). Xavion Alford, Tennison, Mordecai McDaniel, Torrence? Sure, we can play the 'all we know is what offers went out...' game, but we also know who we didn't get. I'm not getting into a pissing contest w/ you about a low ranked safety. "Trust the coaches"!!

leogator

May 5, 2018
Avantae Williams was the clear #1 (and still is - still hoping for a flip). Xavion Alford, Tennison, Mordecai McDaniel, Torrence? Sure, we can play the 'all we know is what offers went out...' game, but we also know who we didn't get. I'm not getting into a pissing contest w/ you about a low ranked safety. "Trust the coaches"!!
We're still on Alford and McDaniel and Torrence, last time I checked, was still committed to us.
Avantae Williams and Trevez have almost the same exact measurables with Trevez a bit faster and both hit like a ton of bricks. Both are undersized at 5'11" and 169#for Avantae and 175# for Trevez. How is Avantae's return game because Trevez's is pretty good?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator