Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Odd top 5. Is he a buck? We’re a shoo-in if so.

Actually it was his current potential coach at Usce that started the trend here at UF.

Between he and TRob, if allowed, they’d build a defense on strictly Bucks and DBs.

All while talking about how this is a line of scrimmage league and complaining to the refs about how they’re in a dead heat with a MAC team.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Gervon Dexter vs. Lakeland Kathleen

Kathleen was plowed by Lake Wales. It was 43-0 at the half and they went to a continuous clock for the whole 2nd half. Kathleen did have one huge OT but the kid can’t move well, very stiff. So this wasn’t high-level competition for him.

Dexter looked as advertised. He’s very tall, listed at 6’7” and looks every bit of that. Big legs & butt, looks fluidly athletic.

Kathleen double and triple teamed him from the start. Dexter began the game at DT. He was continuously in the backfield. Obviously a man among boys. After the first couple of series he went out to defensive end. They moved him around a lot.

What impressed me most was how hard he played every down. He looked like he was using every snap as a rep to perfect.

He’s fast. Several times he pursued the play down the line and made it near the sideline - even on the other side of the field.

I also noted a remarkable ability to reverse direction on a cut-back or counter and make the play. It reminded me of Carlos Dunlap or Clowney. He’s special.

01e50c7342b26098dc768a74de776c2c.jpg

PS I did not note any recruiters from UF or anyone else at the game.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
St Thomas is playing in Oakland tonight and apparently wingo is having a great game

Maybe he stepped it up after the first quarter? I watched that much and he did absolutely nothing besides jump off sides 5 or 6 times and get pushed around by De la Salle's o line.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
It’s like being broke and turning down a job with low pay cause it’s beneath you...we could take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator