Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Note on Tim Smith from the Alabama perspective (they think he sticks...but are worried about UF and are "keeping an eye on it":

-- Hearing that Tim Smith is targeting a return to Tusacloosa for the LSU game on an unofficial visit next month, and will take an official visit after the season, likely in December. He does plan to sign early. That's big considering he hasn't been on campus since June, and has been to Florida three times since committing to UA in July. As we reported earlier this month, Sal Sunseri is expected to be out in Florida next week during the Tide's bye week to see Smith. He will also take an official visit to Florida, and potentially LSU. The four-star DL is having a great senior season -- 45 tackles, including 24 tackles for a loss, 7 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery.

So will Bama be kidnapping him on signing day? A' la Leatherwood.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
LB coach Christian Robinson was at St. Thomas Aquinas yesterday to see LB commit Derek Wingo, along w/ 2021 commit DL Tyreak Sapp and 2020 OL target Marcus Dumervil.

I'd love to land Dumervil. There's another STA OL that's committed to LSU, and LSU leads for Dumervil. I hope Wingo can get this kid to come to Gainesville!

what about rosemary the wr? flip potential?

leogator

May 5, 2018
what about rosemary the wr? flip potential?
Rosemy is a 4.6 /40 kid but is quick. Reminds me a lot of Swain. There don't seem to be a lot of game breaker type receivers in Florida this year besides Arian Smith and Fleming. Lots of possession receivers though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Note on Tim Smith from the Alabama perspective (they think he sticks...but are worried about UF and are "keeping an eye on it"ez
Im sure the kidnapping squad is on standby. /twitter and bowl

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid is expected to sign w/ UNC (who is killing it along the DL), but this is the first I've see a mention of UF.

(this is from an UNC board):

Kid looks like Debo:

Trenton Simpson, 2020 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com

"Schools like Florida, Georgia, and Alabama have been by Mallard Creek High in recent weeks and speak to Simpson and his mother frequently, multiples sources have told me. While I haven't been able to confirm it, Simpson is rumored to have secretly visited UGa at some point (similar to the aforementioned UNC visit). As soon as he de-committed, new programs reached out to Mallard Creek High's coaches: a source said that NCSU's Dave Doeren personally reached out and a separate source believes LSU is highly intrigued by Simpson.

Multiple sources expect Alabama to receive an official visit from Simpson. Florida, a source believes, has impressed Simpson with its recent contact and how highly Mallard Creek High alum T.J. Moore has spoken of his time on campus. Another expects Georgia to once again put the full-court press on Simpson."

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mack Brown always was a good recruiter, what is he now in his 70's too? I'm glad he seems to be making UNC competitive again, I want Scum and the Noles to have to struggle as much as possible to crawl out of the gutter.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fall/Winter Recruiting Calendar:
  • September 1-November 30:
    • Quiet Period (A college coach may only have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents on the college’s campus. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time).
    • Evaluation Period (Each college is allotted 42 evaluation days, where a college coach may watch recruits compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents off the college’s campus. Moreover, each staff can only visit a recruit's high school once during this period).
  • December 1-14: Contact Period (A college coach may have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents, watch recruits compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone recruits or their parents).
  • December 15: Quiet Period (A college coach may only have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents on the college’s campus. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time).
  • December 16-31: Dead Period (A college coach may not have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period).
  • December 18-20: Early Signing Period

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a little bit that I came across from In The Game (ITG) magazine, a South Georgia prep sports publication, that talks about a recruit from Valdosta High school, Jaheim Bell:

College football is rich with tradition and symbols.

With the rise of the “Turnover Chain” at the University of Miami, we’ve now seen later iterations of traditions, including turnover pencils and chainsaws. There is a form of team camaraderie built in these symbols, meant to celebrate defensive excellence. But was the turnover chain the first of these symbols? Wrong. There’s a certain tradition that belongs to the University of Florida that has been passed down for eight years now, long before Mark Richt was at Miami.

If you’ve been to Valdosta High School football games, you may have seen a doll on the sidelines, the infamous Chucky doll.

When Jaheim Bell initially committed to the University of Florida, the doll became a staple around games, and it carries a tradition that goes back a few years for the Gators.

Chucky, of course, is the murderous doll from the cult classic movies of the 1980s and ’90s. But the Gator tradition was started in 2011: When defensive end Dominique Easely had the Chucky doll, it was a symbol of the Gators’ tenacity and killer instinct on the defensive side of the ball. It was that defensive dominance and spirit that made the Chucky doll their staple for years to come.

Chucky became the second symbol for the Gators, and their killer instinct on the defensive side of the ball was being written into the record books. Florida was constantly one of the top defensive teams in the country, and every year saw another great prospect drafted from their ranks.

From then on, many players carried on the tradition, with Dante Fowler Jr. taking the doll from Easely and passing it along for years. It was a span that saw 17 Gators defensive players drafted, showing their dominance. That’s when it hit the recruiting scene.

Many players began using the doll as their unofficial form of commitment to the university. The symbol for the great defensive players who had pride for the Gators made its way to high school sidelines, and now you’ll see the doll with nearly every recruit. The tradition had transcended its initial purpose and became a Florida Gator staple.

Bell had it with him to announce his initial commitment to the University of Florida, and while he may have since turned away from Florida, the Chucky tradition lives on. You can assume you’ll see many more Chucky dolls come National Signing Day as players don the Gator blue and orange.

R059G5mPiDuP9hK6PUcEAvb4eeN-IKsuBey7Xc-qj71ZOE7eMTouFtoSdy5LWcWwU7QitO-UIa2SUU2K9L7_35GB0lPa7uEKwqxESXjYP6wzpdh-ddp2AwnYl0lyUOkLzT0izeYzicE_rLK1RPmvvo8ZvViMb91hp5E=s0-d-e1-ft

Bell is a 6'2" 213 lb. athlete from Valdosta High School. Don't know whether he signs with us (has offers from us, Bama, Oklahoma, Arizona State, and USCe), but you've got to like the photo!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mark Richt recruited great but lost. CDM is winning but not recruiting great. So he is wrong about that.
No, you two are. Mark Richt was consistently around 9-10 wins a year with a down year here and there, followed by a good year, sometimes winning the east. Its irrelevant HOW he got to 9-10 wins, what matters is that unless we recruit better, our RECORD will be very similar. Richt did it with meh coaching and solid recruiting, we seem to be doing it with meh crootin and solid coaching, but your record is what you are.

Also, to say Richt lost, but mullen won is laughable. Comparing the first 2 years of each as HC, and also HC in the SEC, Richt won a heck of a lot more than mullen did, a LOT more. Comparing tenures since both became HCs in the east, the records so far are very close, however, Richt had 2 less wins his first season (8-4) but went 13-1 his second season. Are we going 13-1 this year?

Just for shts and giggles, heres his results for the next few yrs: 11-3, 10-2, 10-3, 9-4, 11-2, 11-3, etc.

Tell me more about Richt losing but Mullen winning, and how wrong I am....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
LSU landed 5-star TE Arik Gilbert. This is a huge upset/surprise, as Alabama was the favorite. I hope he know Burrow is gone and so is the OC (Brady) before he gets there.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I saw this. Out of nowhere too. Not sure what it does for our chances with Washington though I fear it hurts us a bit as bama was recruiting both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator