Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just surprised he ever got laid....
75d222f94c238b.gif

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
He’s prob referring to GT....but no they don’t Paul Johnson is gone and side hat Is the head coach now

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
NFL comparisons for gator recruits. It is probably a stretch, but a fun read anyway as it provides analysis of their games. Mincey camped very well. I was surprised he didn't get bumped higher in the ratings.

OL Gerald Mincey: Cyrus Kouandjio, played for Buffalo, Detroit, and Denver (2014-18)

Admittedly, the offensive line is not a strength of mine for analysis. But with this being such a strong offensive line class for coach John Hevesy, I felt it necessary to at least include one.

So, I had my editor Zach Goodall help me out on this one. He pointed out to me how tackle Gerald Mincey plays like former Alabama left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio. Previously a second-round pick in the NFL Draft to the Buffalo Bills, Kouandjio is now a member of the New York Guardians in the XFL.

While a bust in the pros, Kouandjio was excellent at Alabama and obviously good enough to make an organization decide he was worthy of a second-round pick. Mincey shares some of his traits, especially in run blocking.

Both have this nasty slap move in their arsenal, allowing pass rushers to get wide in an attempt to bend towards the quarterback, and Mincey/Kouandjio proceed to literally slap the rushers upside the head and shoulder pad area. And with both being at least 6-5, 320 lbs., these aren't soft slaps - they're violent.

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTY5NzkxOTI2MzUzMDExOTEy%2Fmincey-slap.gif

~ Graham Marsh, SI

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Five NFL Comparisons For Florida Recruits

DL Jalen Lee: Jurrell Casey, Tennessee Titans

Defensive tackle Jalen Lee reminds me of Titans' defensive tackle Jurrell Casey for mostly his first move. Casey weighs in at 305 pounds, while Lee is about equivalent for an upcoming college player at 294.

And for such large human beings, both of them are so quick off the ball. They both make immediate moves to shed a guard's block and disrupt everything the offense wants to do.

And that inside presence is especially tough to stop from an offense's perspective. It is not like an edge guy where you can go to the other side of the field and try to scheme around him. A double team is the only option. An interior defensive lineman that can dominate really makes an offensive coordinator change up everything he wants to do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s prob referring to GT....but no they don’t Paul Johnson is gone and side hat Is the head coach now
Ok, if they equals GT, they dont play option. But we do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NFL comparisons for gator recruits. It is probably a stretch, but a fun read anyway as it provides analysis of their games. Mincey camped very well. I was surprised he didn't get bumped higher in the ratings.
There is bias toward athletic va strong OL in recruiting rankings, in part bc you can never really project which of the strong bruisers will remain stronger than their counterparts once they get into a college s&c.

Personally, I think big strong 3 star OL (Taylor Whit) are solid takes, even if they "arent athletic enough" to be elite. They often "overachieve". DTs are in the same boat IMO.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Nice.

Side note, as much as I dislike Lsu, it was nice to see a WH visit go down without some political nonsense. Pains me to say it, but Burrow may be the best representative of a cfb team since Tebow. His quote was dead on. And you could see Ed O wasn’t taking any bs either. Good for them.

Also like that I can’t see the bottom Mullen’s pants in that pic. I know they’re dreadfully long, but I’m pretending they aren’t.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice.

Side note, as much as I dislike Lsu, it was nice to see a WH visit go down without some political nonsense. Pains me to say it, but Burrow may be the best representative of a cfb team since Tebow. His quote was dead on. And you could see Ed O wasn’t taking any bs either. Good for them.

Also like that I can’t see the bottom Mullen’s pants in that pic. I know they’re dreadfully long, but I’m pretending they aren’t.

No doubt with cuffs. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.