2020 Spring Practice: Muscleplug calling it - Trask 1st round draft pick in '21

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I didn't see this posted any where. It is a fun off-season read, but take it with a grain of salt.

Spring Sleeper: Keep an Eye on Florida WR Trent Whittemore

As an understudy of route running technician Van Jefferson, Whittemore displays similar traits with quick and precise routes that make him dangerous for opposing corners.

Combining that with his length and ability to come down with contested catches, Whittemore has a legitimate chance to step up Florida’s go-to possession receiver in 2020.

As he has adapted to the role of receiver very well during his redshirt season, veteran players from last year's team had nothing but good things to say about him.

Continuing to progress, his physical attributes, along with his growth on the field since arriving in Gainesville, has been impressive.

Look for Whittemore to emerge in a big way with his performance in the spring game on April 18th and going forward into the fall.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
SEC Spring Game Schedule

April 3
Vanderbilt, SEC Network, 7p.m.

April 4
South Carolina, SEC Network, Noon

April 11
Kentucky, SEC Network, 11 AM
Mississippi St., SEC Network, 11.30 A.M.
Auburn, ESPN2, 1 P.M.
Missouri, SEC Network, 1 P.M.

April 18
LSU, ESPN2, Noon
Florida, SEC Network, Noon
Georgia, SEC Network, 1 P.M.
Alabama, SEC Network, 1 P.M.
Ole Miss, SEC Network, 6:30 P.M.
Tennessee, SEC Network, 3 P.M.
Texas A&M, SEC Network, 6 P.M.

April 25
Arkansas, SEC Network, TBA

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’m glad Diabate is moving. He is way too small at DE. Hopefully, he has added weight.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Is he used to covering ppl? I figured that would a Hopper type position

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He will have to get used to it. Mullen is clearly wanting much bigger DEs. He is athletic enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will have to get used to it. Mullen is clearly wanting much bigger DEs. He is athletic enough.
the rush backer still has some plays, not many, but some, in which he drops back into coverage.

Of course it seeks likenwe telegraph the rushbacker most plays and have the DT dropping back more than Rush.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't find a time for the 3/16 open practice. Anyone have any ideas or when it will be announced? TIA

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Cox is a beast!

His tape at UGly is concerning. I get why Kirby moved him down the depth chart. Coaches hate when guys only play when they feel like it. Watch his tape in the games he played last year. There are times when he flat out gave no effort at all on a play. But, when Cox feels like playing, he can be a monster.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
His tape at UGly is concerning. I get why Kirby moved him down the depth chart. Coaches hate when guys only play when they feel like it. Watch his tape in the games he played last year. There are times when he flat out gave no effort at all on a play. But, when Cox feels like playing, he can be a monster.
Lets hope that was a wake up call and he now come to play with a chip on his shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.