2020 Spring Practice: Muscleplug calling it - Trask 1st round draft pick in '21

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's a rumor that Marks is about to transfer. He was a questionable take, but seemed to be progressing along fine - and WR depth is light right now. Odd situation if it's true. Also, he apparently played a part in Tae Williams not coming here. Anyhow, it's just a rumor right now.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Could Gators LB Mohamoud Diabate Emerge as the David Reese II Replacement?

Last season Diabate emerged as one of the team's most versatile and exciting young players on the rise. According to Pro Football Focus, Diabate played 146 snaps on the defensive line, 30 as an off-ball linebacker, and even 17 at cornerback, primarily as the STAR nickel corner.

The article uses the roster weight of 213 pounds. I hope he is bigger than that by the time the season rolls around. 213 is much too light for an LB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His tape at UGly is concerning. I get why Kirby moved him down the depth chart. Coaches hate when guys only play when they feel like it. Watch his tape in the games he played last year. There are times when he flat out gave no effort at all on a play. But, when Cox feels like playing, he can be a monster.
We have enough Buck/Rush guys that if he takes a play off, they can sit him the rest of the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could Gators LB Mohamoud Diabate Emerge as the David Reese II Replacement?

Last season Diabate emerged as one of the team's most versatile and exciting young players on the rise. According to Pro Football Focus, Diabate played 146 snaps on the defensive line, 30 as an off-ball linebacker, and even 17 at cornerback, primarily as the STAR nickel corner.

The article uses the roster weight of 213 pounds. I hope he is bigger than that by the time the season rolls around. 213 is much too light for an LB.
Edge rusher to one of middle backer positions is a huge transition.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Edge rusher to one of middle backer positions is a huge transition.

Apparently, he was cross training. So, it isn't completely new. But, I like it. Mullen has had enough of the UGly but whippings of our DEs. So, we are getting bigger. Hence, the shift in recruiting strategy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a rumor that Marks is about to transfer. He was a questionable take, but seemed to be progressing along fine - and WR depth is light right now. Odd situation if it's true. Also, he apparently played a part in Tae Williams not coming here. Anyhow, it's just a rumor right now.

What’s the rumor do you know?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are they going to cancel the open practice on the 16th?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Apparently Dionte Marks deleted his Twitter?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
upload_2020-3-13_16-29-45.png Spring football cancelled

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-13_16-29-45.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-13_16-29-45.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 141

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t realize we’re only returning 6 starters on O and 5 on D. Those aren’t overly encouraging numbers.
Uh huh.

But one of them is Stiner. So that should help.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Spring football cancelled

This is a tragedy. I know it impacts every team in the country, but if the NCAA doesn't find a way for teams to get in 15 practices before fall camp this is a developmental issue. Also, some teams had already started spring practice and got in several practices before this ruling.

On one hand, I'm upset our OL won't get reps in spring....on the other hand, I'm happy UGA's transfer QB and the rest of that offense won't get a chance to practice together and install the new offense.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m concerned about the nutrition/strength and conditioning as well...yes UGA is at a disadvantage but what is this gonna do to transfers in the fall? There won’t be a measuring stick in the spring

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UConn & Coastal Carolina are the only teams that completed all 15 practices.

Appalachian State, Air Force, and Charlotte completed more than 10 practices.

In the SEC, a few schools had started and got in some work:

From their start dates, it looks like UK, LSU, Mizzou, South Carolina, Vandy, and Alabama all got in at least one practice. SC started on Feb 26, so they may have gotten in 3 or more. UK started on March 3rd, LSU & Mizzou on March 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.