Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Agreed. Maybe it will take some pressure off Mace to not pitch the first game. Obviously we have to change something up because the pitching is still piss poor.
Yep, the other thing that I'd like to see is to get those freshman out of the 7-8-9 slots all back to back. They need some time to hit SEC pitching and that's just a bad run to deal with. That and quit forcing your pitchers to throw pitches they don't have command of on a particular day.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Gators up 4-1 headed to 9th over #3 and undefeated Ole Miss. Reverse pitching staff may work

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow Mace REALLY showed out and stuffed his Haters/Doubters tonight. 5 innings pitched, 1 hit, ZERO runs, and 7 strikeouts. Gators win 4-1. Great win to start off the series.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Yep, the other thing that I'd like to see is to get those freshman out of the 7-8-9 slots all back to back. They need some time to hit SEC pitching and that's just a bad run to deal with. That and quit forcing your pitchers to throw pitches they don't have command of on a particular day.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see sully out Fabian down there soon just to take some pressure off him since he's been absolutely abysmal the last four games. If he plays like he normally does we probably win the SC series.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Great win!! However, 6 hits and 8 k's is a clear indication that our offense is still seriously defective. Most of them are not making necessary adjustments at the plate when they have 2 strikes. It's not rocket science, it's baseball principles proven to work for a hundred fifty years.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Great win!! However, 6 hits and 8 k's is a clear indication that our offense is still seriously defective. Most of them are not making necessary adjustments at the plate when they have 2 strikes. It's not rocket science, it's baseball principles proven to work for a hundred fifty years.
Our hitting should definitely be better than it has been recently. Our hitting was the opposite of timely against SC but it was actually pretty good last night. Ole Miss ace pitcher went 6 1/3 innings, is gonna be a first rounder, and leads the nation in strikeouts. So those numbers aren't really as bad as they look. If Fabian wasn't a complete black hole batting second right now the numbers would be fine. But like I said, overall we should still do better.

Our main problem still remains this ridiculously bad pitching we have in clutch situations. Last night we certainly looked better in that category, but I don't expect that to last based on what I've seen.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Our hitting should definitely be better than it has been recently. Our hitting was the opposite of timely against SC but it was actually pretty good last night. Ole Miss ace pitcher went 6 1/3 innings, is gonna be a first rounder, and leads the nation in strikeouts. So those numbers aren't really as bad as they look. If Fabian wasn't a complete black hole batting second right now the numbers would be fine. But like I said, overall we should still do better.

Our main problem still remains this ridiculously bad pitching we have in clutch situations. Last night we certainly looked better in that category, but I don't expect that to last based on what I've seen.

Fabian's problems are symptomatic of the rest of the offense and it is symptomatic of Sully's offensive coaching since he started. They hit a plethora of long fly outs and strike outs trying to hit the ball over the fence instead of choking up on the bat, shortening their swing, protecting the plate and getting base hits.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Fabian's problems are symptomatic of the rest of the offense and it is symptomatic of Sully's offensive coaching since he started. They hit a plethora of long fly outs and strike outs trying to hit the ball over the fence instead of choking up on the bat, shortening their swing, protecting the plate and getting base hits.
Fabians problems are symptomatic with whats wrong with baseball..period. Exit velos, launch angles and FB Velo PG and PBR can charge out the ass for these numbers. BS is all over twitter. And it's probably why we see more and more of the little guys in D1 and D2 even hanging with the P5 conferences when they should be getting blown out. Mercer had a real shot at beating FSU and just ran out of pitching.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fabians problems are symptomatic with whats wrong with baseball..period. Exit velos, launch angles and FB Velo PG and PBR can charge out the ass for these numbers. BS is all over twitter. And it's probably why we see more and more of the little guys in D1 and D2 even hanging with the P5 conferences when they should be getting blown out. Mercer had a real shot at beating FSU and just ran out of pitching.

Spot on ~ Great observation

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched game 1. Pitching really good; batting sucked, but was enough to get the job done. As many have observed, there is no adjustment in the count that can be readily noticed. Several of our guys looked shocked that the OM pitcher didn’t throw something over the middle of the plate with a two strike count. Sounds like it was even worse last night. I get the sense that we aren’t real tough or gritty. Maybe we’re young and will grow out of it.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Big time series win today. Looked like we were going to fold down the stretch AGAIN in the 6th and 7th when we made a couple of errors to let them crawl back into it but we were able to hold them off in the last two innings with some clutch pitching (for once).

Bats went cold for us after 6th inning which I feel like has been a common theme this year, but whatever, we won the series against one of the best teams in the country. Maybe this will give our young pitchers confidence for the future.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Drop opener at Tinerc 6-4. This team is so hard to watch in so many ways, so I won;t go into details. I know the box score shows ZERO errors, but they made 2 errors in one inning (thanx mr. scorekeeper), that gave the lead right back to Tinerc after grabbing the lead a half inning earlier.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If anyone is watching Game 2 of the Tinerc series, can someone tell me if Sully has totally gone mad? UF is up 3-0 thru 5 1/2 innings and Aleman started and has been good thru 5 innings at 80 or so pitches. Now mind you he is usually a late game reliever making only his 2nd start and also pitched this past Tuesday night. He was looking a bit weary and had thrown 80 or so pitches and you are going to bring Leftwich in next anyway? Why send Aleman back out there only to watch him throw about 8 straight balls, then bring in Leftwich? Leftwich is not comfortable coming out of the bullpen anyway so why not let him start the top half of the inning and make it feel somewhat normal? Instead Sully proceeds to watch Aleman walk 2, then brings in Leftwich to watch him throw 8 straight balls. Goodbye Jack and however many batters later Tinerc now leads 5-3! What has been one of the biggest knocks on Sully? Game situational management.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Not watching and losing interest which is sad, had high hopes with everyone returning. I know season is still young but losing to Tenn is baseball is numbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.