Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Was MIA this weekend, but taking 2 of 3 is always a good thing in the SEC. Would have been nice to sweep. Leaves us 17-10 in SEC and go on road to #1 ARK. We will host a regional. Win 2 this weekend and we probably get into the Top 8. Very tough task at ARK, but baseball anything can happen.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Id be surprised if we do much this weekend. Maybe 1... maybe. Arks pitching is every bit as good as anything we have, but the difference is they can hit like nobody's business, and they don't make glaring gaffes trying to field the ball.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fabian is good and Acton is much better than Colby. Sorry but he needs to get to work with the bat.

Fabian is tied for #1 in NCAA for HRs at 20.! Thar's unusual for us, Still, as the season funnels out, all players have to crank it up an extra notch -- no stumbling now. Go Gators.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Fabian is tied for #1 in NCAA for HRs at 20.! Thar's unusual for us, Still, as the season funnels out, all players have to crank it up an extra notch -- no stumbling now. Go Gators.
Yeah, he's a long ball guy so I don't whine too much about the K's. Just about every HR leader in the bigs also leads in K's

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

In 191 at bats he has 48 runs, 51 hits, a team leading 64 K's and only 46 RBI's. Not that stellar for hitting 20 HR's. With the same number of at bats Fabian finished behind Hickey in Batting average, hits, RBI's, walks and he had 28 more K's than Hickey. He struck out twice as many times as Hickey in conference games.

The focus on HR's is great for his draft status. Not so great for the team and for winning games. Personally, I am more interested in watching games when winning is more important than a players draft day paycheck. But that's just me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's correct to say that Fabian is not a completely well-rounded ballplayer. He needs a special tutor and that could return great dividends for his future. I hope his "swing & miss" style gets toned down so he doesn't hurt our chances to win. LOB.?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It's correct to say that Fabian is not a completely well-rounded ballplayer. He needs a special tutor and that could return great dividends for his future. I hope his "swing & miss" style gets toned down so he doesn't hurt our chances to win. LOB.?

He is a hometown boy and I wish him the best.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Was MIA this weekend, but taking 2 of 3 is always a good thing in the SEC. Would have been nice to sweep. Leaves us 17-10 in SEC and go on road to #1 ARK. We will host a regional. Win 2 this weekend and we probably get into the Top 8. Very tough task at ARK, but baseball anything can happen.

We seem to play better against good teams; 2 wins this weekend would be amazing. We did it against the No 2 and No 3, but we did that at the Ballpark. How nice would it be to come home with a winning away record for the regular season? The Gators were No. 1 at the beginning of the season, and, as Sully says, this week will tell us how good we really are. I am hoping for sausage Sunday morning!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We seem to play better against good teams; 2 wins this weekend would be amazing. We did it against the No 2 and No 3, but we did that at the Ballpark. How nice would it be to come home with a winning away record for the regular season? The Gators were No. 1 at the beginning of the season, and, as Sully says, this week will tell us how good we really are. I am hoping for sausage Sunday morning!

Perhaps we play better against good teams but we play worse than dog dykk in SEC road games. At USCe got swept. At UT, should have been swept. At UK and AU played awful against 2 of the worst teams in the league. Win 1 this weekend and we host a regional. Win 2 and we get very serious consideration as a Top 8 seed. Plenty on the line. It would be nice to play a quality series for once this season on the road.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
We cannot leave 12 on and expect anything good to happen. We need our bats come alive, play error free ball and have Mace find his groove early. A quality series on the road against the hogs before the sec tourney could provide momentum we need for the post season. We have a better overall record than the hogs so hopefully that ,neams something!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The real #1 team in the nation schooling us tonight. The sky will definitely be falling after this sweep and Sully with a VERY HOT seat no doubt again.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We cannot leave 12 on and expect anything good to happen. We need our bats come alive, play error free ball and have Mace find his groove early. A quality series on the road against the hogs before the sec tourney could provide momentum we need for the post season. We have a better overall record than the hogs so hopefully that ,neams something!

Yes. Or have 16 k's and only 3 hits. Fabs Fabian was 0-fer with 4 k's. Maybe they rebound tonight. And, maybe not

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another dismal road performance by a team that is just not that good. Our pitchers get a hitter 0-2 and they battle back. Our hitters go 0-2 and we strike out on the next pitch or 2. We swung and missed a lot of pitches right over the heart of the plate. The ARK starter was good but he was no Sandy Koufax and that is what we made him look like. Watching the game with objective eyes in all facets and the teams are totally mismatched. By the way can someone tell me again why Hickey is catching?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Like I said, showcase team with everyone swinging for the fences and incapable of stringing hits together. Not sure where we fall in the category of LOB but it's got to be high. Hard to fault Tommy when his run production amounted to a solo shot by a guy that wasn't getting much playing time over a guy that can't his his azz with both hands and should be middle reliever ONLY!!!!!. It's hard to understand why a seasoned coach wouldn't see the advantage of having a guy that can hit AND play 1st particularly when we need run production.

Fabian needs to figure out the swing and miss problem and I can already tell you that he was well scouted for last night. He missed all FB's up in strike zone and a little outside but still in the zone. That's where you pitch a dead pull hitter and a guy like the dude for Arky that can locate with 93 will eat his lunch all day.....kinda like in pro ball. He needs to study Trout........but who doesn't.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How in the he!! was this gator team predicted to be number one?

- Can’t hit
- Can’t field
- Can pitch for a few innings only

It’s the curse of the facility improvement.
Build a new facility and watch the bottom fall out just like basketball

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
A miserably pathetic performance. It was obvious we were outclassed, so what did we do? We tried to swing for the fence like we are going to beat the hogs into submission. If we play a fundamentally solid game we may have a chance in taking one in the series. Otherwise,, this hog team looks like it feserved its No. 1 ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator