Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say it. I don't care if sully has won a natty. He's a shtty coach. The best team he ever fielded still couldn't hit for sht. His ceiling is good defense and pitching with crap for offense. I'm tired of watching this team whiff at garbage a foot off the plate and stare at balls right down the pipe. I'm tired of watching good pitch after good pitch go by while we intentionally take and are 0-2 before the batter even has a chance to get the pitchers timing down. Sully's offensive philosophy is akin to intentionally waiting till last call, then trying to bag a 5 after watching two 8's walk right past you.

I literally couldn't care less if he were canned tomorrow. It's ugly baseball even at its best.

But as we have all learned by now, the UAA and the administration does NOT fire coaches that achieve modest success.

- 8-4 and a bowl game is the new football gator standard

- 20-12 and a tournament bid is the new basketball gator standard

- 30 wins and making the postseason is the new baseball gator standard

As long as softball, Lacrosse, and gymnastics are excelling, all is good in Gainesville

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
But as we have all learned by now, the UAA and the administration does NOT fire coaches that achieve modest success.

As long as softball, Lacrosse, and gymnastics are excelling, all is good in Gainesville
You forgot tennis.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

Do you consider 1 national championship and 2 sec championships in 4 years modest success? If we had that in football, would you want the coach fired?

Can you post a few active coaching resume's that you think are more than moderately successful in college baseball so we can compare?

He also has 5 SEC championships in the last 11 years (We had ONE between 1998 and Sullivans first SECC in 2010) in the conference that is always the toughest or 2nd toughest

-and the most CWS appearances of any current active coach (7). Before Sullivan we had 5 total.

Resumes please

EDIT: Everything I just said but directed towards Durty. Not DGD.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great post by Sporks yet again! They can't name another coach cause they would rather complain about losses and forget about wins, SEC titles, CWS appearances, and the NC. Remember ONLY 8 teams make and we have done it 7 out of the last 10 years and would have most likely been 8 of 11 had last season been played. As UF fans, we HATE all of our coaches, that is just how it is and how it will always be without giving the names that we actually want who guarantee success and chips.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Great post by Sporks yet again! They can't name another coach cause they would rather complain about losses and forget about wins, SEC titles, CWS appearances, and the NC. Remember ONLY 8 teams make and we have done it 7 out of the last 10 years and would have most likely been 8 of 11 had last season been played. As UF fans, we HATE all of our coaches, that is just how it is and how it will always be without giving the names that we actually want who guarantee success and chips.
And you can't find a post in which I suggested he should be fired. But there is a reason the windshield is larger than the rearview mirror.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not getting my hopes up as I do not think we are worthy of a Top 8 Seed given our entire season, but Cowbell was probably the fourth and last Top 8 Seed from the SEC. Well they went two and out. So maybe just maybe if we can continue to advance, perhaps the committee will bump us up and drop Cowbell. I just don;t think they want 5 of the Top 8 seeds from one conference so that is why I was thinking out loud.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you consider 1 national championship and 2 sec championships in 4 years modest success? If we had that in football, would you want the coach fired?

Can you post a few active coaching resume's that you think are more than moderately successful in college baseball so we can compare?

He also has 5 SEC championships in the last 11 years (We had ONE between 1998 and Sullivans first SECC in 2010) in the conference that is always the toughest or 2nd toughest

-and the most CWS appearances of any current active coach (7). Before Sullivan we had 5 total.

Resumes please

I was commenting on Durty’s post asking for Sully to be fired.
I never suggested that Sully be fired instead I was trying to manage his expectations.

You might want to point your aggression towards the appropriate party in the future and see how that works out for you. Or you can continue to blindly pounce without thinking first.

Your call.......

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

“They “ would be Durty.
You should respond to the individual versus they.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I was commenting on Durty’s post asking for Sully to be fired.
I never suggested that Sully be fired instead I was trying to manage his expectations.

You might want to point your aggression towards the appropriate party in the future and see how that works out for you. Or you can continue to blindly pounce without thinking first.

Your call.......

Yours appeared to be a follow-up to Durty and a suggestion that baseball was included with the modest success, but my mistake. Apologies, apologies. It appears that I'm owned and destroyed. Everything I just said... but to DURTY. I'm redirecting it to you bud! AND NOT BLINDLY THIS TIME!

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

I agree with much of what is said here but you sound like such a prissy, preachy ass that I can't agree on principle. I guess like some people feel about orange man.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is a very good win today. Not b/c Bama is a good team, they are not but Bama was a very hungry team with a ton to play for. Prior to SEC tourney Bama was not going to the NCAA tourney. But beat USCe (who is in the NCAA tourney) in Round 1 and you can see the bubble. Beat Tinerc (a Top 8 National Seed) in Round 2 and you are holding a sharp needle poking at the bubble. If Bama beats us today they are going to the tourney. We also had something to play for as the farther we go, the more we get talked about in the Top 8 Seeding meeting. Sure it would be huge to win the tourney but having played better this week it would be a bigger bonus to find two more legitimate arms that can actually pitch effectively in the NCAA tourney.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow another huge dominant Gators win in a very unlikely and also disliked run(for some fans as seen in the thread) through the SECT thus far. Gators have to play who is in front of them which whatever players those teams decide to put out there. I know others commented how other teams were not playing their best players and tried to minimalize our wins which we have no say in that matter. 7 runs and 14 hits today when through 6 innings it was a pitchers duel. Franco Aleman DOMINANT and DYNAMIC yet again today. LOVE seeing these Gators battle against all the odds and try to move up in seeding. Gators have scored 24 runs and ONLY given up 4 runs so far in the SECT. I'm sure DSS will still want Sully fired and will return when we lose a game. Go Gators!!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
2 Wins from SEC Ship, Fire them all El o EL

Agree with FF, we getting close to 8 seed discussion, which has worked some years and not so much in others, regardless we seem to be peaking at the right time. Whether peaking “wins it all”, who knows but lets enjoy the kids the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.