Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So I just read on the BSPN scroll that the Mets do NOT intend to sign Kumar Rocker. It then said that Rocher's camp insists he is healthy. If that is the case, would Rocker return to Vandy or go play pro baseball with say an independent minor league team like the St. Paul Saints? This is the kind of guy Mike Veeck would love to sign, assuming he still owns the team.

Doesn't it seem peculiar that they would use a high first round pick if they doubted his health? Maybe he was he holding out for Leiter type money

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sources: Mets don't plan to sign top pick Rocker

Exam was last week which was after the draft and Rocker did not participate in the pre draft MRI's. Maybe they knew something??????

Interesting. Thanks for the link. Maybe Rocker's camp did know something. Why else would he not get the MRI? Will Corbin match an offer from an independent team? I've always heard that Vandy baseball cheats like Bama football but I never know how much to believe those accusations.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Scott Boras seldomly whiffs for his clients. Looks like he did so here with Rocker, but time will tell.

BTW I like that they had a hard deadline to sign this year. The old "first day" of fall class was to variable. This way everyone played by the same rules.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scott Boras seldomly whiffs for his clients. Looks like he did so here with Rocker, but time will tell.

BTW I like that they had a hard deadline to sign this year. The old "first day" of fall class was to variable. This way everyone played by the same rules.

After re-reading the article I noticed it said that most players that are expected to be high draft picks do not get the pre-draft physical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb