Good news for Gator Baseball

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Gators are getting some early love from D-1 Baseball writers and are already picked to return to Omaha in 2021. Crystal Ballin': Eight For Omaha In 2021 • D1Baseball and

Florida
florida.png

Some teams escaped the Major League Baseball draft in good shape. Others such as Florida escaped the draft in terrific shape. The Gators entered the draft expecting to lose righthanded pitchers Tommy Mace and Jack Leftwich for the 2021 campaign. However, much to their surprise, Mace and Leftwich went undrafted and decided to return to Gainesville. The return of the two ultra-talented righties gives the Gators one of the nation’s premier one-two punches, while UF also returns a premier young arm in Hunter Barco. That’s just the tip of the iceberg in terms of premium arms with Brandon Sproat, Ben Specht, Christian Scott, David Luethje and Nick Pogue. The Gators also will be strong from an offensive standpoint with potential 1-1 pick and electric outfielder Jud Fabian leading the charge, while Jacob Young, who was leading the team with a .450 average in 2020, is back, and Nathan Hickey, Josh Rivera and Kendrick Calilao also are back. UF finished the 2020 season No. 1 in the country. It will likely begin the ’21 season in the same spot while ushering in a new stadium.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good luck Austin. I wish you the best. I think it is a great decision. Did not get drafted after his junior year which is almost impossible to do since they have 40ish rounds. I am not sure if he makes it in the bigs, but he is a good baseball player, but not great. Can do everything okay, but does nothing above average. Decent hitter, runner, okay defender, so so arm and average hitter. I always thought it was enough to get drafted late but does nothing to get drafted high. I almost think he was the type that peaked at a very young age as Sully once said he was the best high school baseball player he ever saw.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good luck Austin. I wish you the best. I think it is a great decision. Did not get drafted after his junior year which is almost impossible to do since they have 40ish rounds. I am not sure if he makes it in the bigs, but he is a good baseball player, but not great. Can do everything okay, but does nothing above average. Decent hitter, runner, okay defender, so so arm and average hitter. I always thought it was enough to get drafted late but does nothing to get drafted high. I almost think he was the type that peaked at a very young age as Sully once said he was thby e best high school baseball player he ever saw.

I will miss Langworthy. Reminds me a little of David Eckstein drafted by the Red Sox in the 19th round. Great hustle~always

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator