Recruiting 2021 Recruiting: NSD Probably falling outside top 10

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kids that transfer bc they can't get much playing time on other squads are not top talent guys. We've gotten a few top talent kids who were early grads, but the ones coming in after a year or 2 of college are not. They are what as known as busts, at least so far.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Kids that transfer bc they can't get much playing time on other squads are not top talent guys. We've gotten a few top talent kids who were early grads, but the ones coming in after a year or 2 of college are not. They are what as known as busts, at least so far.

Speaking of busts, your mom...

Anyways, I think Mullen has done well with the portal. Its not fair to be binary on this because Mullen has won more than lost when it comes to finding stuff in the lost and found pile (can we call the portal that now?). However, I think that has more to do with us being an attractive place to play due to a lot of TV exposure and Mullen's crappy recruiting the first go around. If Mullen filled up on the recruiting trail the first go around we wouldn't have to pick through that pile so much.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Updated 247 rankings for 2021 kids:

Florida commits and targets in updated Top247 rankings

Austin Barber is now a low 4-star at OT.

Marshall is now a 5-star at CB.

Williams ranking moved up to #50 overall (from #63).

Burke #172, McMillon #124 (both down 2 spots), Boone #200 (up 1 spot), Sapp #190 (down 1 spot), Collier up to a low 4-star also.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah, waiting until the last minute to offer the OT from Jax is ridiculous. He played on the same team as Burke, so it's not like they didn't see his tape.

I've read that Sapp is overrated, but I actually like him. I think he'll be a solid SDE type. And I agree w/ you on Boone, think he's going to be very good. I like that he's 6'5 and has plenty of room to add weight.

Can't wait to see Fat Todd move Williams to Buck so he can play 12 or so snaps a game until he's a redshirt junior. smh

I like McMillon more than you do, but I hope we land Arnold. We need elite safeties.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
I read on 24/7 yesterday that Wiltfong said we aren’t trying to land Arnold anymore and using the rest of the counters in the portal. Guess that’s what happens when you know you will lose him to the dwags. :headslap:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read on 24/7 yesterday that Wiltfong said we aren’t trying to land Arnold anymore and using the rest of the counters in the portal. Guess that’s what happens when you know you will lose him to the dwags. :headslap:

Higdon has been saying the same thing now for weeks. Apparently they’ve decided to pass on Arnold...too many DB in this class already

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Wiltfong is actually still picking UF w/ Arnold, and says it's between us and Alabama. His pick is 'low confidence' (whatever that means, why even make the pick?).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is ok. we already signed eight defensive backs.

DBU doesn't actually mean the roster has to be 50% defensive backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.