Recruiting 2021 Recruiting: NSD Probably falling outside top 10

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
not sure why Slaughter is in this class.

Because we struck out elsewhere. He wanted to come to Florida. We weren’t really showing interest. So, he committed to the clowns. When we finally did make him a commitable offer, he immediately flipped to us. If he was high on Norvell’s list, then I’m worried. I assume we wasted a scholly.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not sure why Slaughter is in this class.

What am I missing here? You, me and everyone else b!tches about our weakness along both sides of the LOS - because it is true. Especially at DT, but I digress.

We add a 3* OL from our own backyard with good size that can play center and has a decent - though not great - offer list, and you're complaining??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What am I missing here? You, me and everyone else b!tches about our weakness along both sides of the LOS - because it is true. Especially at DT, but I digress.

We add a 3* OL from our own backyard with good size that can play center and has a decent - though not great - offer list, and you're complaining??
Kind of hoping for that next step? I understand why people dont like his film.

I like 3* if they are the right guy, Braun, White, Taylor even Big Stone (he looked more aggressive in HS, he isnt that guy now but he is a 2 yr SEC starter) etc.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of hoping for that next step? I understand why people dont like his film.

I like 3* if they are the right guy, Braun, White, Taylor even Big Stone (he looked more aggressive in HS, he isnt that guy now but he is a 2 yr SEC starter) etc.

Fair enough.

But in the absence of 4 and 5* pipe-busting studs at all 5 positions on the OL, I'll take a kid like this all day long. At the very least, with his size he's likely a serviceable backup and who knows? Maybe he ends up playing well, starts and sees a lot of action. Center is a tough position to play. And, given his location, we defend our backyard.

Hard to see a downside here.

Now, if he were another Buck or DB.... :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

he got obliterated

Because he’s terrible. He got absolutely dominated in camps this year. There’s a reason why he was committed to FSux.
Don’t bring in bodies to just bring in bodies.

here’s some footage of a Rivals camp. Desmond Watson ate him up for lunch. But he wasn’t the only one.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to beat UGA so we have a decent chance of holding onto this recruiting class. Sometimes you get 1 shot to turn things around. This year looks like our best shot with all the injuries they have on defense. Better take advantage Dan or you might be looking at the exit door slamming against your @ss soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In Slaughter’s defense, the reason he is having such a hard time is because he needs a weight room badly. Until then, vids like that can’t tell you much.
they don't have weight rooms in Lakeland? I've seen lots of other high school students that seem to find one.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
they don't have weight rooms in Lakeland? I've seen lots of other high school students that seem to find one.

I was trying to be positive. Pump some sunshine into a completely wasted scholly. And you had to kick me in the balls and bring me back to the reality that Hev’s recruiting sucks. :lol:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because he’s terrible.

Hmmm. Let's see...

On the one hand, we have a kid that no doubt has the height and weight to play OL at a top-tier program. He is ranked as a 3* by both major recruiting services. He has a respectable, if not great, offer list. And, he is a Florida kid and right in our back yard. Finally, all of the OL positions are positions of significant need for us.

And on the other hand, we have a chat board ding dong calling him "terrible".

Whether or not this kid pans out, in the absence of 4 and 5* OL prospects beating down our door, I take a kid like this all day long. And the Mooslem kid that committed yesterday, who is a 3* on one service and a 4* on the other. Get kids like this in, get them with Savage, on the training table and on the 'roid program and coach 'em up and we what we get. Maybe they become studs. Maybe they become valuable depth/fresh legs. And maybe they flame out. But get as many big asses along both sides of the LOS as we can. We need more size, skill and depth. At the very least, the odds are pretty good these guys provide one of these three - that they would not provide if they went elsewhere.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hmmm. Let's see...

On the one hand, we have a kid that no doubt has the height and weight to play OL at a top-tier program. He is ranked as a 3* by both major recruiting services. He has a respectable, if not great, offer list. And, he is a Florida kid and right in our back yard. Finally, all of the OL positions are positions of significant need for us.

And on the other hand, we have a chat board ding dong calling him "terrible".

Whether or not this kid pans out, in the absence of 4 and 5* OL prospects beating down our door, I take a kid like this all day long. And the Mooslem kid that committed yesterday, who is a 3* on one service and a 4* on the other. Get kids like this in, get them with Savage, on the training table and on the 'roid program and coach 'em up and we what we get. Maybe they become studs. Maybe they become valuable depth/fresh legs. And maybe they flame out. But get as many big asses along both sides of the LOS as we can. We need more size, skill and depth. At the very least, the odds are pretty good these guys provide one of these three - that they would not provide if they went elsewhere.

J’s always been a ding dong. We just smile and put up with it because there’s a lack of mod interest and Ox needs a quorum.

But it is getting out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.