Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach delivered with a 49 mph fastball right down the middle.

As GBM pointed out, it’s a good sign we won both games. But it’s an even better sign that we look like we have a confident coach again. No doubt that Mullen would’ve one-hopped it and walked away with the bottoms of his pleated khakis covered in clay.

Also, I want that hoodie. Hopefully a sign that we’re shading back to darker blue again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does it point to Stricklin as stupid that he has to fire all his coaches while they're on their recent extensions.?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well 5 innings into Game 2 of the season and the Gators are still showing strong at making NON-Productive outs.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@Bullag8r why is Bell back coaching 3rd base? I thought he was off the staff completely???

When I saw him coaching 3rd it just confirmed Sulley's death wish. It's too early to make a call but the team looks like a carbon copy of last years losers. No pitching and no hitting but the defense has been a little better. I don't think I saw anybody adjusting their approach at the plate with 2 strikes, especially with men in scoring position. We should have won that game by at least 7 runs.

I am glad I did not get season tickets this year. After going to games for the past 30 years and having season tickets for about 25 years I just can't watch anymore.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We managed to get 18 hits, 14 runs and struck out 31 times. The defense looked fairly solid but we still can't get base hits with men on base. More of the same from last year. It's not a pretty display of offensive baseball fundamentals

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
OK sports reporters. Did we win lose or are we in the bottom of the 25th inning?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well some things have not changed. We can't pitch and the K's are still going strong, but that is what happens when you try and play gorilla ball. On the positive side we might finally have decent guys playing C and maybe, just maybe we have a 3B.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We managed to get 18 hits, 14 runs and struck out 31 times. The defense looked fairly solid but we still can't get base hits with men on base. More of the same from last year. It's not a pretty display of offensive baseball fundamentals
Conversely, Liberty goes into the seventh tied and leads off with two walks. They lay down a perfect sac bunt moving the lead runner to third. Next man up flies out to RF to score the run. Fundamental baseball! I didn't count them but I bet half of the Liberty runs scored were base runners who either took a walk or got HBP. On the bright side Coppolla looks to be the real deal.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sully in trouble now with this first weekend flameout?

Losing 2 out of 3 every weekend for the rest of the season may put him in the hot seat but he wouldn't be fired. He isn't teaching plate approach fundamentals. Based on watching at bats and listening to interviews with players over the past 14 years he never has.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Conversely, Liberty goes into the seventh tied and leads off with two walks. They lay down a perfect sac bunt moving the lead runner to third. Next man up flies out to RF to score the run. Fundamental baseball! I didn't count them but I bet half of the Liberty runs scored were base runners who either took a walk or got HBP. On the bright side Coppolla looks to be the real deal.

Liberty flat outplayed the Gators just like Miami did last year.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Liberty is a solid team as is the rest of their athletic program. They have made a real commitment and it shows. Had we played them in FB same results I believe. Until we improve our approach at the plate we will struggle...it's long ball and nada and that's BS baseball.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Oh, and 95 with no ability to locate is also BS baseball. It's all connected to the "Sully philosophy" of how the game has changed into what the kids want to do. Pumping iron, launch angles and the occasional long ball to the warning track is alot easier to practice than slapping the outside pitch oppo or laying down a bunt with 0 outs and runner on 2nd and then hitting the long ball to score the run. Not sexy and no one plays small ball anymore except those smaller D1 schools that takde 2 of 3 in your house on opening weekend. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.