Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Great win! 3 out ot 4 against the hogs this year! We owned them!!!

Now, I hope the Gators can count on their bats from now on. Even more, they need rested arms to go deeper into the tourney. One at a time.

We know the Gators will play either the tide of the aggies next. I wonder how the saban-fisher controversy will affect their game??? ;-)

It's actually the winner of Vandy and UK
SEC Baseball Bracket

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Nice to get a W. Wish I would have gotten a chance to see but sometimes even I have other plans. We seem to be locked into a 2 seed so I would like to play the best team possible in hopes of seeing the best arms possible, which is not a given as teams try and set themselves up for the real tourney. Be that as it may we need as many live games as we can get in hopes of getting something going if possible.
We will have Nesbitt to start tomorrow unless Sully goes Sully again. Provided Bama loses, which they probably will, their pen will be empty. We should win that match up if we hit the ball like we did today. After that I think we are done regardless who we would draw because Sully isn't going to use his top four for the rest of this exhibition, nor should he.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's actually the winner of Vandy and UK
SEC Baseball Bracket
I may be wrong, but I don't think that link is set up accurately for the bracket, I think it is just the games in order of when they are played. The bracket they showed during the broadcast had the actual winner's and loser's brackets set up correctly and showed us playing the loser of Bama/A&M in an elimination game. Then the winner of the elimination game would go back to face the winner of the Bama/A&M game. That is my understanding anyways....

This shows it a bit better since it actually has game numbers listed and shows where winners and losers of each game go.
http://a.espncdn.com/sec/baseball/2022/SEC Baseball Tournament Bracket.pdf

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama over TAM 6 - 1 Top 5th

edit......6 - 4 top 6th

edit 6 - 7 btm 6th TAM

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Runners on 2nd/3rd no outs and we can't get a run in? Sully needs to go and take his sorry ass staff with him. Showball coaches.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow HUGE win vs Bama 11-6. Sully MASTERFUL calling that hit and run with runners at 1st and 3rd to get that insurance run in and the other 3 runs were gravy. Gators bullpen AMAZING today limiting Bama the last 6 innings.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Wow HUGE win vs Bama 11-6. Sully MASTERFUL calling that hit and run with runners at 1st and 3rd to get that insurance run in and the other 3 runs were gravy. Gators bullpen AMAZING today limiting Bama the last 6 innings.
Ficcorotta and Gussette were unbelievable today. What a great way to show we deserve to host.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
If the Gators beat the aggies, will there be a second game?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ficcorotta and Gussette were unbelievable today. What a great way to show we deserve to host.

I think the only way we get even into the discussion as a host would be to win the tourney. We just do not have enough quality wins within the league to warrant it. To me you have to consider what the team was when you played them versus what they are now. We had 2 quality wins against ARK, 1 against Vandy and you can consider today's a quality win. When we played LSU they were not good. Beating ARK this week not the same as earlier. It would be nice to get a chance to host, but our pitching staff is so sporadic it might not matter where we play. Might be better off away from home.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
2022 SEC Baseball Tournament schedule (Updated May 28, 2022) (saturdaydownsouth.com)

Just answered my own question; semifinals are back to single elimination. So, if somehow the Gators win this afternoon, we are in the SEC Championship game!
Tough duty! Who knows who we start. Our three weekend starters are done for the series as are Ficcorotta and Slater. Aggies can start their normal Sunday starter and the bullpen is rested. I've seen miracles happen before.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I think the only way we get even into the discussion as a host would be to win the tourney. We just do not have enough quality wins within the league to warrant it. To me you have to consider what the team was when you played them versus what they are now. We had 2 quality wins against ARK, 1 against Vandy and you can consider today's a quality win. When we played LSU they were not good. Beating ARK this week not the same as earlier. It would be nice to get a chance to host, but our pitching staff is so sporadic it might not matter where we play. Might be better off away from home.
Maybe, it's tough to say we also won the series agaisnt FSU and Miami so they count as quality wins. Sometimes those decisions are made as much for facility as they are for best teams. We will see. Have gone farther in this tournament than I expected.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Maybe, it's tough to say we also won the series agaisnt FSU and Miami so they count as quality wins. Sometimes those decisions are made as much for facility as they are for best teams. We will see. Have gone farther in this tournament than I expected.

No doubt, but the SEC is so difficult, I think the committe and rightfully so, really considers that much more than OOC. don;t get me wrong I am glad we play those games, but the :nole::nole:are midweek games so kind of one off. ScrotUM turned into a good team as the ACC season went along, but were not too good early on. Still wins are wins. But getting swept by UT and UGA and losing series to LSU and Vandy carry much more weight than winning series against the dregs of the SEC. But it shows you how the 4 or 5 SEC games we absolutely BLEW will cost us a Top 16.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A Kentucky player just knocked himself out crashing into the centerfield fence.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.