Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Where has this team been all year? I know we have talent but without the gritty killer instinct like the Gamecocks that won 2 consecutive world series. I really think its the mindset and attitude that the coach instills in his players.

Okay I just looked closely at the box score and forget my initial surprise just seeing Manning and 5 innings. But 2 Gator pitcher, 9 innings and ONLY 1 Walk and ZERO HBP. That is not possible for this staff. I think the pitchers average hitting 2 or more guys per game. Must have been all the rain this week.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Okay I just looked closely at the box score and forget my initial surprise just seeing Manning and 5 innings. But 2 Gator pitcher, 9 innings and ONLY 1 Walk and ZERO HBP. That is not possible for this staff. I think the pitchers average hitting 2 or more guys per game. Must have been all the rain this week.

I was just on the phone with Bob talking about that. Also, and just as significant, there were only 3 strikeouts and 7 men left on base. The game was either an anomaly or they finally got serious about doing what it takes to win.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I wonder if Sully will go with the Johnny Allstaff approach today and make all the top guys get 3 to 6 outs apiece? As much as I want a real shot at Tinerc I don't want to overuse Sproat, Neely, Pogue or Slater. Next weekend is more important.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I wonder if Sully will go with the Johnny Allstaff approach today and make all the top guys get 3 to 6 outs apiece? As much as I want a real shot at Tinerc I don't want to overuse Sproat, Neely, Pogue or Slater. Next weekend is more important.

Well, I've been wrong about pitching a lot lately, but I watched Sproat throw a lot of pitches last week, and, you are correct, we will need Neely and him for the regionals early. I don't know why Milchin's number hasn't been called, but he may be in Sully's doghouse like Manning was. Regardless, who pitches It looks like a pitching by committee game.

Since we lost that heartbreaker late in the Sunday game against the vols, it has been a different season. Hopefully, with those 16 wins out of 20 games, we are a different team and can pay them back for that sweep. It would be outrageous to win the SEC Championship over a national No 1 seed! One game to go!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have been very busy this spring sadly and have just recently been able catch up with the baseball team. So I must admit I have no idea who the starting pitcher is. Saw name and my response was: WHO?

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I have been very busy this spring sadly and have just recently been able catch up with the baseball team. So I must admit I have no idea who the starting pitcher is. Saw name and my response was: WHO?

Freshman that hasn’t pitched in months.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Never heard the name and Im keeping up. Think he has 6 innings pitched. Clearly we feel ok about hosting and hope to find lightening in bottle again today. I have read where we are projected 15th seed. This decision (host sites) is already made so todays game holds no weight other than bragging rights.

In other news how bout lady gators today

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I had a class with his dad at UF. Dad pitched at FSU, drafted by the red sox but injured his shoulder. Came back to school and attended UF. Good dude, realtor in Boca.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Awful.

Bad throw by the SS, worse fielding by the 1B. Awful decision by the pitcher to field that bunt when it was an out if 3B gets it, and awful decision to load em up for a freaking 3 rbi double.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As I said I has no idea who this pitcher was we started, but I enjoyed watching him for the sake of something different. I am not going to bag on Sully for not going to Sproat for a few innings then Neely, etc. If is a difficult call and the Big Dance is the name of the game. Heck we might do better on the road. No distractions, etc. Be that as it may, I think this kid becomes a situational lefty out of the pen in his career. Everyone throws 92+ now and it is nice to see a pitcher who pitches. I used to sit out in left field at the old park and ask Langworthy every home game if he might pitch that day. I used to tell him I like seeing his 78 MPH heater and he would laugh. Kid reminds me a little of Langworthy who would pitch on occasion but I think this kid is a pitcher whereas Langworthy was a little bit of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.