Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When "Lemen" retired, I was told there was no way Jr. would get the job and that no one wanted him. Well I guess they threw "Lemen" a bone, sucked it up for a short time, and then showed useless Jr. the door.
I was surprised that they hired him but to fire him after 1 year may be an indication that there were other more serious issues with the players, recruits or admin conflicts. I bet the old man is triggered worse than Bette Midler at a Trump rally. I wish we would get some good news like that but I don't trust Stricknine to pick a good replacement

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is really bad news for us.
As long as a member of the Martin family was in charge over there we could count on FSU being a talented roster that would win lots of games each year with a guarantee to never win a trophy.

Now they are free to go get a coach that knows how to win. The days of Sully picking the players he wants are over and he will be forced to compete with an FSU program with equal talent AND a winning culture.

Things may change significantly in the near future and not in a good way.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As long as a member of the Martin family was in charge over there we could count on FSU being a talented roster that would win lots of games each year with a guarantee to never win a trophy.

Now they are free to go get a coach that knows how to win. The days of Sully picking the players he wants are over and he will be forced to compete with an FSU program with equal talent AND a winning culture.

:harvey1:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I would hate to think that the :nole:
:nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole: are being proactive, but something tells me from their disaster with Willie they see the wheels coming off the track. They see how competitive baseball has gotten and just from this NCAA tourney how many hosts teams have not only lost the regional, but hosts are also losing in the Supers. The longer you wait to attempt to rectify a mistake the longer it takes to return to relevancy in any sport.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

Well, there is a hiring assumption that really has no basis on recent reality.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I would hate to think that the :nole:
:nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole: are being proactive, but something tells me from their disaster with Willie they see the wheels coming off the track. They see how competitive baseball has gotten and just from this NCAA tourney how many hosts teams have not only lost the regional, but hosts are also losing in the Supers. The longer you wait to attempt to rectify a mistake the longer it takes to return to relevancy in any sport.

Bob told me they are going after the Notre Dame coach who also played for the clowns. That may not be good for us.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Lost Mac Gussette to the portal. That sucks losing a very good catcher and dependable hitter.

That's too bad. I always liked him. Decent defensively and though his BA never showed it, he seemed to put the bat on the ball. Not until almost the entire year goes by and we get nothing offensively at 1B that Sully decides to be BT at 1B and then insert Mac. Guess Mac wants to play everyday which he probably would as BT will probably move on to the next level and Single A ball next year. But we supposedly have that kid Erik Estrada or whatever his name is that could not get off the pine this year to C next year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, there is a hiring assumption that really has no basis on recent reality.

Not sure I follow you here.

Although FSU has botched football hires they were handcuffed when Sr. left and they gave Jr a chance.
I am not suggesting that they will get the hire right only that it’s possible.
Any new coach could possibly be good or not but Jr was guaranteed to be an average coach so there’s at least a chance they get it right.

I only hope that UF will be willing to make the same decision soon

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@FireFoley A lot of news. I just saw that Sully hired Bell's replacement and that Pogue and another pitcher Karl Hartman who I never heard of are entering the transfer portal.

Without you guys telling me who is transferring I would have no idea. Can't get that info on the official Gator site/ Be that as it may, I would have thought Pogue might get drafted and if not might even be interested in trying to get a career started given already had TJ surgery.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Without you guys telling me who is transferring I would have no idea. Can't get that info on the official Gator site/ Be that as it may, I would have thought Pogue might get drafted and if not might even be interested in trying to get a career started given already had TJ surgery.

Gator's news sources I check most days include the UF sports website, Gainesville Sun (I do not subscribe) and I follow a few Gator writers on twitter. I don't remember where I saw the report about Pogue and Hartman and I can't find it now.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
More news. Tim Manning and Corey Robinson are going in the portal.

The latest article is titled 'Baseball Intel: End of the season review, philosophy change in the program'

I do not subscribe so I don't know what the article says. However, several past articles are available.

It appears to be getting ugly up in here. But of course I mean that in a very positive way.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I wonder what the philosophy change is? Being more open to accepting somewhat proven transfers. Perhaps getting decent production from BT, along with seeing A&M make the CWS with more than a dozen transfer guys will cause a rethink. Of course Schloss was a proven winner at TCU long before the portal, so gotta hand it to him to put it together with shall I say "not his guys". Perhaps Sully has decided to stop holding on to numerous guys who never develop and going out and getting others who have shown ability at other places.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just to make y'all feel better, it appears OK is the real deal. Smashed TAMU at Omaha. We may be able to claim the second best team in college baseball this year. You know, in line with Bama NCs and 10RC hopes.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only 4 of the 16 National seeds made to Omaha and they all lost their first game. This tournament doesn’t line up with how the game is played. The worst team in a field of 64 can beat the best team on any given day, but not in an extended series. There needs to be less teams invited with longer series played with regular season narrowing the invites. Otherwise it’s unfair to criticize any coach or team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Only 4 of the 16 National seeds made to Omaha and they all lost their first game. This tournament doesn’t line up with how the game is played. The worst team in a field of 64 can beat the best team on any given day, but not in an extended series. There needs to be less teams invited with longer series played with regular season narrowing the invites. Otherwise it’s unfair to criticize any coach or team.
I don’t agree with this. They all get the same shot. It’s a tournament and you gotta bring your A game everyday or you go home.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t agree with this. They all get the same shot. It’s a tournament and you gotta bring your A game everyday or you go home.

I agree.
The uncertainty of the baseball tournament resembles March Madness and many times the champion isn’t necessarily the best team in the country but rather the best team in June.

Everyone knows the deal and you perform or you don’t, it’s all on each team to make it happen.
Besides, I am a fan of any format that eliminated Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.