Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Then we have the wrong coach. Any thing less than 9 wins in a 12 game schedule is unacceptable at a place like UF.

Also, @oxrageous , can we lunch this blue gator toolbag already? Thanks.
Take a look at the schedule and tell me which games we’re favored in. I don’t see more than 7 right now.
I like our starting line-up as a whole but as soon as injuries start we’re more than likely gonna be struggling.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Take a look at the schedule and tell me which games we’re favored in. I don’t see more than 7 right now.
I like our starting line-up as a whole but as soon as injuries start we’re more than likely gonna be struggling.

We have more talent than any team on our schedule, minus 3. It’s not unreasonable to expect to be able to beat one of those three. That would still leave room for a slip up somewhere or loss in the opener. At absolute worst it should be 8-4 because of the Utah addition to the non-conf. That’s the floor that Ron Zook laid and I don’t think we should be flirting with that level. Realize, 8-4 would be a total of a 2 game swing from last year, a year we had a coach that quit mid season, an interim first time DC for 3 games, Grantham the other 9, an interim HC for one game, the wrong QB in 90% of the time, and a schedule that included two of the teams that played for it all. If we can’t improve by at least two games, then as I said, we’ve hired the wrong guy in my view.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Athlon and Lindy’s get it wrong every year. You’re better than them (maybe). Go on the official GC record and post your 2022 Gators football regular season record predictions for all of us to objectively judge
7-5

Is that Ricky Pearsall in your Av?

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So we would forfeit the national championship game?

To go undefeated we would have to win 15 games now.
12 regular season
1 SEC Championship game
2 playoff games

15 total

Just sayin

chevy-chase.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Sunshine Pumping

vs Utah ?
vs Kentucky W
vs S. Florida W
@ Tennessee W
vs E. Washington W
vs Missouri W
...When does injury bug hit?
vs LSU ?

vs Georgia (Jax) L
@ Texas A&M L

vs S. Carolina W
@ Vanderbilt W
@ FSU W

So we could be 10-2 or 8-4 IMO. My pick 9-3

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We have more talent than any team on our schedule, minus 3. It’s not unreasonable to expect to be able to beat one of those three. That would still leave room for a slip up somewhere or loss in the opener. At absolute worst it should be 8-4 because of the Utah addition to the non-conf. That’s the floor that Ron Zook laid and I don’t think we should be flirting with that level. Realize, 8-4 would be a total of a 2 game swing from last year, a year we had a coach that quit mid season, an interim first time DC for 3 games, Grantham the other 9, an interim HC for one game, the wrong QB in 90% of the time, and a schedule that included two of the teams that played for it all. If we can’t improve by at least two games, then as I said, we’ve hired the wrong guy in my view.
Lotsa words and still didn’t answer the question. Right now, how many games would we be favored in? That’s what I based my prediction on. Nothing else.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lotsa words and still didn’t answer the question. Right now, how many games would we be favored in? That’s what I based my prediction on. Nothing else.

I actually did. If we have more talent than the opposition, but will be an underdog, then as I said at the start, we have hired the wrong coach.

Your prediction(and give me some rope on how you arrive at it) is that we lose to all three teams with superior talent, and to two others where we have the upper hand talent wise. There are plenty of people making less than Napier that could manage that. So if we aren’t favored over teams looking up to us in the talent composite, then I’d say we have a problem. A great coach would/will win 8-10 games with this schedule, this OL and a QB like AR. Because that’s what great coaches have always done at UF. The ones that didn’t make it, you could just about see in year 1.

Ftr, I don’t have any problem with those predicting 7-5. I just hope you’re wrong.

Also ftr, I just wanted to add a few more words.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I actually did. If we have more talent than the opposition, but will be an underdog, then as I said at the start, we have hired the wrong coach.

Your prediction(and give me some rope on how you arrive at it) is that we lose to all three teams with superior talent, and to two others where we have the upper hand talent wise. There are plenty of people making less than Napier that could manage that. So if we aren’t favored over teams looking up to us in the talent composite, then I’d say we have a problem. A great coach would/will win 8-10 games with this schedule, this OL and a QB like AR. Because that’s what great coaches have always done at UF. The ones that didn’t make it, you could just about see in year 1.
I’m not debating whether he should be fired immediately after his 4th loss. Again, it’s just my prediction on our record based on who oddsmakers would favor RIGHT NOW. They’re always a helluva lot more accurate than we are.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m not debating whether he should be fired immediately after his 4th loss. Again, it’s just my prediction on our record based on who oddsmakers would favor RIGHT NOW. They’re always a helluva lot more accurate than we are.

I think we’re favored against Utah, and could be against Lsu being at home. That only leaves uga and A&M as decided underdog situations, and a possibility of the game in Knoxville. Where are you seeing us underdogs elsewhere?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think we’re favored against Utah, and could be against Lsu being at home. That only leaves uga and A&M as decided underdog situations, and a possibility of the game in Knoxville. Where are you seeing us underdogs elsewhere?
Utah
LSU
A&M
Dwags
Mildcats
Those would be my guesses. I’m just looking at it from a betting standpoint. The only team with a new HC is LSU and I think they’re credited with a “home run” hire and a more talented team. The others have stability and are deemed to be on the rise…and as much or more talent.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We are now a slight underdog against Utah, but I'm not too focused on that line and I do expect us to win a close, tough game.

UGA, ATM, and to a lesser extent LSU should be favored by substantial spreads.
Everybody else is at least manageable or even eminently winnable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator