2022 Girls Softball

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
First ever Hawg series win in G'ville and a sweep of the Gators to boot.

Three losable conference games left for the softball team.

It is not looking like a very interesting slate of Gator sports for Memorial Day weekend 2022.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It is not looking like a very interesting slate of Gator sports for Memorial Day weekend 2022.
Not having Hannah Adams the last few games didn't help a bit.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Heard today that the Gators lost a 30 game (that's right) 30 game winning streak to Arky. Not our year for small ball at all.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder when, if ever, UF was swept at home in baseball and softball on the same weekend?

It seems pretty obvious that both coaches have lost their mojo and the programs are heading in the wrong direction. Five years ago both of these programs were as good as anyone in the country.
Good thing they are both well paid, we wouldn’t want them to be unhappy and get frustrated with we lunatic gators fans.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Softball fell off a cliff!

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Softball's mojo went to Oklahoma with Jen Rocha.
Don't forget Gajewski leaving for Oklahoma St., we haven't hit the ball with any consistency since he left. I'm thinking he and Rocha were more responsible for the program's success than Walton. The people Walton hired to replace them speaks volumes about him, when you hire a pitching coach from Syracuse can you expect anything other than Syracuse level pitching? All of our current pitchers would have been nothing more than 3rd string on the teams spanning the years 2008-2019. The hitting has been terrible for about 7 years running now, they stand at the plate taking pitches down the middle and then they have to swing at garbage when they have 2 strikes on them, they are not aggressive at all, it seems that most of them are hoping for a walk.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hannah Adams returns, Gators best Aggies 4 to 1.

Gators get Kentucky in the second round tomorrow.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Although I haven't followed the Gators softball this season, IMO, they haven't necessarily declined as much as so many other teams, especially in the SEC, have recruited much better. The SEC teams have basically cut each other's throats in SB this year while Oklahoma has out-shined everyone nation wide. IMO, the WCWS is a waste of time this year as I think the Sooners will breeze right through it...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although I haven't followed the Gators softball this season, IMO, they haven't necessarily declined as much as so many other teams, especially in the SEC, have recruited much better. The SEC teams have basically cut each other's throats in SB this year while Oklahoma has out-shined everyone nation wide. IMO, the WCWS is a waste of time this year as I think the Sooners will breeze right through it...

Other teams recruiting better is what causes a program to decline.
A few years ago UF was what Oklahoma is today which was the point.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Other teams recruiting better is what causes a program to decline.
A few years ago UF was what Oklahoma is today which was the point.
Yeah, I get that and completely understand. I might also add, in support of what I said above, that in recent years softball has blown up as a high school sport which has added many more high quality players to the recruiting pool. Bama was what Oklahoma is now back in 2012. I really feel that Murphy is being out recruited by programs that aren't as good as our program. Probably the same for the Gator's program too... It doesn't mean that we've fallen off as a program as much as other schools have just caught up. Oklahoma is just a unicorn fantasy team right now... Hope they enjoy it while they can...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I get that and completely understand. I might also add, in support of what I said above, that in recent years softball has blown up as a high school sport which has added many more high quality players to the recruiting pool. Bama was what Oklahoma is now back in 2012. I really feel that Murphy is being out recruited by programs that aren't as good as our program. Probably the same for the Gator's program too... It doesn't mean that we've fallen off as a program as much as other schools have just caught up. Oklahoma is just a unicorn fantasy team right now... Hope they enjoy it while they can...

What makes it worse for us is that FSU has moved past us as well.
Dealing with Oklahoma is one thing, having your in-state rival pass you is quite another.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The Gators lost to Arky when our pitcher went
all Kelly Barnhart and couldn't throw the ball over handed when the ball was hit back at her three times.

I don't think Walton's recruiting has dropped off as much as he has misjudged the talent, especially at pitcher.
Believe it or not despite the rule change that you can't recruit a girl until her sophomore year, we still have girls coming in that Walton received commitments as 12 year olds. It will be interesting how well he recruits under the new rules that went into effect 4 years ago.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Walton sucks worse than that bum Sully. Fire both these dypshyts ASAP. Both programs are going nowhere fast.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The way UK is playing at VT, Gators might be hosting a super regional next weekend if we can survive today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb