2022 investing thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just wanted to start an updated investing 'all encompassing' type thread (similar to the '
Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?' thread) for 2022.

Right now I'm adding BRK/B, AMZN, and APPL on dips and continue to add small amounts of crypto. I do have some cash in my BlockFi account (earning 9%), which I like. I had a decent year in 2021, but took a few big losses on some risky stocks (stupid decisions on my part). I still have some ARK funds that are down big.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So called, high flying tech stocks with no earnings seem to be on sale. How is that PTON working out as an expensive clothes hanger?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Overall, I made it out of 2021 up 11%. But damn did it feel painful. I hit some homeruns on oil, which all have nice dividends

Small cap/Mid caps are still getting slaughtered. They have to be near their bottom. Fintechs are now getting getting slaughtered.

Right now, I dont plan to acquire any new positions. But I'll add to some current holdings on these crazy dips.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Overall, I made it out of 2021 up 11%. But damn did it feel painful. I hit some homeruns on oil, which all have nice dividends

Small cap/Mid caps are still getting slaughtered. They have to be near their bottom. Fintechs are now getting getting slaughtered.

Right now, I dont plan to acquire any new positions. But I'll add to some current holdings on these crazy dips.

With all due respect no one cares 2 shyts about your selections, we just want to know what the daughter is up to before she does it. She seems to be the crystal ball of the family! :fistbump:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect no one cares 2 shyts about your selections, we just want to know what the daughter is up to before she does it. She seems to be the crystal ball of the family! :fistbump:

She's losing interest while in middle school. It makes me sad. I'll be curious to see how her account performs.

Here is her performance as compared to the S&P
2A9F239C-3522-4E91-A7C6-88808C097EDB.jpeg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
She's losing interest while in middle school. It makes me sad. I'll be curious to see how her account performs.

I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping that doing well would keep her interested in investing and depending on herself. Tell her she is off the payroll and perhaps she will get re-interested in a hurry, LOL.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping that doing well would keep her interested in investing and depending on herself. Tell her she is off the payroll and perhaps she will get re-interested in a hurry, LOL.

Yeah, tell me about it. I edited the above post to show you her performance over the last 4 years. Breathtaking.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am possibly interested in Robinhood (HOOD). It has been absolutely pummeled since its IPO last year. I knew this POS is probably the most hated company by the algos and big boys and they have shorted it to near death. I wonder how low it'll go.....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am possibly interested in Robinhood (HOOD). It has been absolutely pummeled since its IPO last year. I knew this POS is probably the most hated company by the algos and big boys and they have shorted it to near death. I wonder how low it'll go.....

See this where I miss out on a lot of the stuff I think is total dogshyt. to me HOOD is worthless. You can open an account at any major place and trade for free and have great tools from charting to news. I guess HOOD is decent for those who use their hand help device and since I don;t I just don;t get it. I said PTON was worthless from day 1. I am now correct but look at all the money I missed out on on PTON in the beginning. My problem is I don;t understand the herd mentality. To me a stock like HOOD is fine if markets are going straight up. But in a down market I think HOOD is awful

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
See this where I miss out on a lot of the stuff I think is total dogshyt. to me HOOD is worthless. You can open an account at any major place and trade for free and have great tools from charting to news. I guess HOOD is decent for those who use their hand help device and since I don;t I just don;t get it. I said PTON was worthless from day 1. I am now correct but look at all the money I missed out on on PTON in the beginning. My problem is I don;t understand the herd mentality. To me a stock like HOOD is fine if markets are going straight up. But in a down market I think HOOD is awful

Oh, I 100% agree with all that. It is losing huge money and it’s gone from $85 a share to $16 today. But it has lofty price expectations by the big dogs that are averaging around $40-$41 a share. I am not buying any…. Yet. But I am watching. I think it’s possible it is driven under $5.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
4 Letters for ya....NYSE.....I've been all green for weeks now....high valuation is dead until summer at the minimum....value, vale, value and sprinkle in commodities....

EDIT.....WHAT THE F VCK HAPPENED THIS AFTERNOON......Uranium and small lithium were the only things green when I just looked.....I was up HUGE earlier.....

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh, I 100% agree with all that. It is losing huge money and it’s gone from $85 a share to $16 today. But it has lofty price expectations by the big dogs that are averaging around $40-$41 a share. I am not buying any…. Yet. But I am watching. I think it’s possible it is driven under $5.

Definitely something to keep an eye on. I worry if there's a tanking of the markets that their primary customer base (millennials and Gen Z) will stop using the platform, or significantly reduce their use.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
@Concrete Helmet - The 10 year is up to 1.73 today. What's the story there? It's moved up from 1.52 on Dec 31st.
Tapering I guess....I think the market can still digest it but probably needs to be burped a time or 2....Nasdaq back in the green today....well at least the last time I looked..:lol:.….There is also talk of another covid stimmy package coming. Make it tough for an investor to decide which path to take.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like most of your comments, this provides no substance and is is just another weak attempt at some sort of insult.
I was just thinking with the market having returned around 26% in 2021 you might be able to do better than 11%.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator