2022 NCAA Lacrosse Championship

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
At 1pm today (ESPN) is the championship game featuring Maryland vs. Cornell. As the great majority of our posters grew up in the SE, I realize this event is probably meaningless. Having said that, the game is growing rapidly across the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida, with youth leagues and HS teams expanding every year. Part of the allure for kids is it’s fast moving game, teams generally play a bunch of players, and pretty much everyone “touches” the ball. I don’t know if we’ll ever see any SEC men’s teams at the Varsity level - most if not all the schools including UF have club teams - but it would not shock me.

The main thing to watch in today’s game will be a chance to see a Maryland team that may be one of the best college teams ever assembled. (I’ve watched a lot of lacrosse over the years, and played in HS and college, and IMO they are the best team I’ve ever seen.) Cornell has pulled off a few upsets in this tourney, they were a 7 seed, but it will be a heavy lift for them today.

Unless you’re into tennis, there’s really nothing else on today, so why not check it out if you just want to chill and watch some sports? (Or conversely, use this as another opportunity to mock me; this time for starting a thread on a stupid and obscure sport.)

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
OK, I have to say I thought this thread was about a men's clothing line. I guess reading is fundamental.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somehow I feel that you are not being PC by not posting and/or talking about the Women's Lacrosse tourney as well. It is only fair to talk about the women beating each other with sticks as you did about the men beating each other with sticks. Doubt I will watch and the only way I watch the females beat each other with sticks would be is if the chicks were naked. Then I still probably would not watch b/c most of them look like men.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Somehow I feel that you are not being PC by not posting and/or talking about the Women's Lacrosse tourney as well. It is only fair to talk about the women beating each other with sticks as you did about the men beating each other with sticks. Doubt I will watch and the only way I watch the females beat each other with sticks would be is if the chicks were naked. Then I still probably would not watch b/c most of them look like men.
Lest anyone think I’m some sort of misogynist, I did not mention the gals simply because they already played their championship yesterday (won by UNC by one over BC).

As my daughter played some lacrosse, I’ve seen a lot of girls/womens games as well, but I knew that if I admitted I liked watching woman’s lacrosse, I’d really take a beating from you folks.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

We can solve this with transgender LaCrosse.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A really good friend of mine started this magazine. He played at ASU. We went to the mens collegiate final four together a few years back. Michigan won it all. It was in Dallas at the mega stadium.

Lacrosse is huge out here and growing so much more because helicopter Mom doesn’t like tackle football.

MCLA

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Women’s lacrosse players aren’t built like the softball players. These ladies are in incredible shape.

Pavinelli_Danielle_Gonzalez_Ashley_Catts_Brie__220423_2438_JordanMcKendrick.jpg

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Women’s lacrosse players aren’t built like the softball players. These ladies are in incredible shape.

Pavinelli_Danielle_Gonzalez_Ashley_Catts_Brie__220423_2438_JordanMcKendrick.jpg

Stacey Nelson blows them away and she was a softball player. I realize she was an outlier, but she was off the charts hot, like, super model hot.

ETA: I just looked thru some old pictures online, and she wasn't super model hot, but I am not going to dwell on it. I prefer my fading memory to current reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb