2022 NCAA Survivor Thread: RiverRat wins!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This will be the single thread for the entire 2022 Survivor season – keep all league chatter in here. Every week, I will update the thread title with updates.

Looking forward to this one, it should be fun. The way this works is you are given a slate of 10 games every week and you make ONE pick that you are certain that you got right. You can only pick a team ONCE for an entire season, and the system will not allow you to pick them again. If you get it right, you advance to the next week. If you get it wrong, you get a strike against you. Since it's double elimination, after your second strike, you are eliminated.

The last one standing wins the pot - WINNER TAKE ALL. In theory, the season could end halfway through if only one person is left. We will continue on all the way to the NC game if that's what it takes to determine a winner, but I would expect to have one long before that.

I will use a slate of 10 games that I think are the biggest toss-ups. These are straight up picks, no spread. Winner payout is $350.

The players:

1. URGatorbait
2. RiverRat
3. CaseyGator
4. GatorBart
5. bradgator2
6. GR8 2B
7. MJMGator
8. Gatormac2112
9. Bait'n Gator
10. FlyingGator
11. NVGator
12. Oklahoma Gator
13. cartman302
14. gardnerwebbgator
15. Egor's Assistant
16. Frozen Gator
17. gatormandan
18. SGG
19. Sam16
20. DocZaius
21. Kcroy420
22. Alchemist
23. Gator by the Sea
24. Zambo
25. Fodderwing
26. NOLAGATOR
27. jaywalker72
28. Mr2Bits
29. Gulfstream
30. GatorJ
31. Defend the Swamp
32. TN G8tr
33. neteng
34. Pablos Tunnel
35. RocketCityGator
36. ultragator

How to play:

First, you'll now see a "Pick 'Em" tab at the top of the forum. Click on it. When you open it you'll see this page - click this "X" to remove that filter.

pick1.jpg

Here you will see the open pools. If you didn't pay for Survivor or Pick 'Em, then ignore the other one. Someone sneaking into one or the other that didn't cough up the $$$ will face a lifetime ban.

pick2.jpg

Once you click on the pool you want to join, click the "Join Pool" button in the upper right.

pick3.jpg

Then you can click the "Manage your picks" button in the upper right to view or make your picks. Remember, you can change any of your picks up to 30 minutes before kickoff.

pick4.jpg

In Survivor, you will see a list of 10 games. You pick ONE (straight up). The one team you pick to win cannot be picked again if they appear in any weeks the remainder of the season - the system will block them out for you. Two strikes and you are eliminated.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Note for iPhone/iPad users:

Making picks works just fine on desktop and Android devices.

On mobile, there is some kind of conflict between iOS and this particular Xenforo style. Hence, when you go to make picks on either Pick 'Em or Survivor, the bubbles to makes your picks won't be there and you can't do it. The workaround is easy and quick. When you are on the picks page, go to the very bottom of the page where the dropdown is to change styles. You'll either see GC LITE or GC DARK in there, depending on what style you use. Drop that down and select "iPhone Pick 'Em". After you select that style, the bubbles will appear and you can make and save picks. Then you can return to the style you want (you ain't gonna want to stay on default).

Sorry for the inconvenience on this one, nothing else I can do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
what happens if there's 2 dudes left after the title game?

I vote web streamed cage match to the death.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
UNC was killing me during that 4th quarter. Giving up 40 points, twice not staying in bounds to end the game allowing App State to get other chances.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
F me sideways…Tulsa let me down right out of the gate. Never trust a freakin Okie. Enjoy my $$$ boys and girls!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Week 2 is open - let's see if we can eliminate half the field in two weeks!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Winner? Shouldn't the winner actually survive the whole season?
No, last man standing is the winner. If that's Week 3, so be it.

No one is going to survive the whole season. I doubt anyone even gets close.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
No, last man standing is the winner. If that's Week 3, so be it.

No one is going to survive the whole season. I doubt anyone even gets close.
Lets have another poll/pickem on which week is the last

I think the 7th week is about right

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.