Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The NBA has caps on player salaries so the richest team doesn't always buy the best players. NFL has a draft so the richest teams can't just buy the best players. College football is going to go down the tubes if this doesn't get fixed.
Even with that, players have gravitated toward large markets like LA for endorsement and off court opportunities. CFB is in bad shape moving forward. Likely the best way to fix it is to raise academic standards so that they are true student athletes.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The NBA has caps on player salaries so the richest team doesn't always buy the best players. NFL has a draft so the richest teams can't just buy the best players. College football is going to go down the tubes if this doesn't get fixed.

That's an interesting analogy. In (men's) pro football and basketball (but not baseball), the solution to that problem evolved to be regulation and limitations on players salaries through negotiated agreements between the owners and a PLAYERS' UNION. It's very conceivable that money-making college sports will get to that same point, for the same competitive reasons.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
That's an interesting analogy. In (men's) pro football and basketball (but not baseball), the solution to that problem evolved to be regulation and limitations on players salaries through negotiated agreements between the owners and a PLAYERS' UNION. It's very conceivable that money-making college sports will get to that same point, for the same competitive reasons.
They certainly will need to provide some regulatory oversite on NIL contracts. I doubt they can successfully pursue and form a legitimate players union. Who are the "players" every kid who plays midget football, 7 on 7, HS? Maybe one of the labor lawyers in the room has some answer.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not sure where to put this, it is recruiting centric conversation so put it here. Rival talking about the problem with Napier at Florida.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MLB has the richest teams buying the best players. It's always been that way.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In college football the richest teams have always done the best.

You can't create parity unless you bring everyone down to the level of the G5 teams which ain't happening.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even with that, players have gravitated toward large markets like LA for endorsement and off court opportunities. CFB is in bad shape moving forward. Likely the best way to fix it is to raise academic standards so that they are true student athletes.
The team salary cap is good for competition and helps small market teams. The cap for an individual player does the opposite.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tell your mom I want my sneakers back. I left them under her bed.
You're trying too hard big guy. If you jump into a convo you weren't involved in and drop a mama joke, it needs to be the first mama joke made and it also needs some type of tie-in to the conversation. That's why it's funny. You're late to the party with a completely random attempt.

It's a new era of gator football my dude. Do better.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Tell your mom I want my sneakers back. I left them under her bed.

You're trying too hard big guy. If you jump into a convo you weren't involved in and drop a mama joke, it needs to be the first mama joke made and it also needs some type of tie-in to the conversation. That's why it's funny. You're late to the party with a completely random attempt.

I’m supporting Durty on this one, mainly because you came with sneakers. Really? I mean, you would’ve been safe with simply saying shoes. But sneakers? Who says sneakers?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Well all love Homer. He’s a staple. It was definitely out of his comfort zone, but he gave it a shot which you kind of have to respect. The problem is, while he saw a “boom!” when he posted it, we all saw this.

upload_2021-12-18_17-46-36.png

And @Loogis , Homer. That’s who.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well all love Homer. He’s a staple. It was definitely out of his comfort zone, but he gave it a shot which you kind of have to respect. The problem is, while he saw a “boom!” when he posted it, we all saw this.

C'mon, sofla, we like Homer more than that.........don't we? :dunno:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I was telling mom jokes back when you were jumping off the school bus. I just wanted to see how stupid they sound when you throw them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.