Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Florida needs to start using the state tax or lack thereof as a weapon towards the NIL.
As our fearless leader would prefer us not dragging politics into this forum, I’ll just leave it at I for one oppose, always, the weaponizing of taxes.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry if covered, but anyone know the back story on CBN passing on Jayden Gibson? Scheme fit, injury, something not in the article below?

Jayden Gibson situation with Florida shows why NCAA needs recruiting overhaul
Unless the family was told that he wasn't going to receive a scholarship, this is total BS.
Why didn't he wait?
If he wanted to be a Gator that bad, why not drive the hour or two to Gainesville to check on your scholarship status? He could have made other visits and then waited on BN to come around. I think the Evers family got in his ear and he did the cool thing and decommitted.

New head coach, coaching in a championship game was worried about getting Lineman and defensive players. Wideouts can wait.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does his injury factor in?
Who knows for sure. It was heavily rumored that all targets were asked for film showing certain things. Apparently, several commits decided to not provide film.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Does his injury factor in?
giphy.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A lot more there than we'll ever know perhaps. Hard to let a kid like that get away, but who knows what/if any drama was there. I still like what I see so far and it could be another indication to remain purged of all things Mullen. Not to mention was mama gonna be in the staff's ear all the time?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s no doubt there was communication between the Ever’s family and Gibson. Maybe this kid was leaving regardless and he’s pointing the finger at CBN to make himself look better. I sure wish our staff would comment on this situation.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
There’s no doubt there was communication between the Ever’s family and Gibson. Maybe this kid was leaving regardless and he’s pointing the finger at CBN to make himself look better. I sure wish our staff would comment on this situation.
The staff can't comment. Anything they say hurts the program. The kid gets free shots with no retaliation. That's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.