Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Berny but that really doesn't help me understand, still blurry. So, we can only take 11 more in February?
According to that and assuming none of the guys in the portal return, we can sign 12 more inclusive of NSD and the portal.

We could always have more guys leave to create space.

I've also heard that guys taking an extra covid year might not count against the 85, but I haven't seen that officially anywhere.

Edit: the 11 assumes farmer signs

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorJ How many can we sign total this year? How does the protal affect as our numbers? I know you are really familiar w/ recruiting. You and Donkers are but... well... you're the only one I can ask. It sure won't be Crete.

i don’t know. It’s like fake math. Here’s what I do know. Pull as many as you can. We never get anywhere near where we are pushing the max. 27+ I’d say.

Depends on when your portal kids come in where they affect your numbers. Kids coming in this year up to Jan count toward this year’s scholarship limit. Kids coming in after Jan count toward next year’s.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i don’t know. It’s like fake math. Here’s what I do know. Pull as many as you can. We never get anywhere near where we are pushing the max. 27+ I’d say.

Depends on when your portal kids come in where they affect your numbers. Kids coming in this year up to Jan count toward this year’s scholarship limit. Kids coming in after Jan count toward next year’s.
So the 9 we got yesterday count toward 2021 if they get the LOI signed and in hand before 12/31/21? Then we can sign 25 more in 11 openings +6 transfer out so sounds like 16?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the 9 we got yesterday count toward 2021 if they get the LOI signed and in hand before 12/31/21? Then we can sign 25 more in 11 openings +6 transfer out so sounds like 16?

no. They have to early enroll.

Lost_in_Turlington4ever

Dec 14, 2021
@Back Alley Gator It's on my spreadsheet:

Emory Jones
Jacob Copeland
Griffin McDowell
Khris Bogle
Mohamoud Diabate
Lloyd Summerall
Gerald Mincey
Given the size of our roster, that is actually fairly small number of people leaving, and some of them are completely irrelevant. I would think a couple could also come back, but then again their could be more leaving. I would like to see the number of transfers in the first year of previous UF coaches.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorJ How many can we sign total this year? How does the protal affect as our numbers? I know you are really familiar w/ recruiting. You and Donkers are but... well... you're the only one I can ask. It sure won't be Crete.
I thought the max per class in the SEC was 25? Texas A&M signed 26 yesterday and they still have 1 committed and 3 more CB’d to them.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the max per class in the SEC was 25? Texas A&M signed 26 yesterday and they still have 1 committed and 3 more CB’d to them.
They signed 26 yesterday? Have we ever signed that many?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
missouri signed like 35 several years ago. Or someone like them.
It’s confusing right now
COVID added a year to those that wanted an extra year
Transfer’s can be replace I think
No wonder Napier hired so man assistant’s

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s confusing right now
COVID added a year to those that wanted an extra year
Transfer’s can be replace I think
No wonder Napier hired so man assistant’s

i think that total roster is the most important number. There’s only something like 80 schollies. But Covid has thrown a wrench into that. I’m sure there are teams with 100+ now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator