Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Now that’s idiotic.

I agree. But that is the new woke narrative. This sentiment is becoming pervasive on college campuses. Do a search for “math is racist”, “grammar is racist”, “science is racist”, and “history is racist” and you’ll find tons of article on Leftists and brainwashed Statists who actually believe that sh!t (or at least they say they do, to push policies that promote ulterior motives).

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i don’t know.

You probably should have stopped there.

So the 9 we got yesterday count toward 2021 if they get the LOI signed and in hand before 12/31/21? Then we can sign 25 more in 11 openings +6 transfer out so sounds like 16?

We normally get 85 total scholarships at any one time. I did confirm that players using an extra year due to the covid year do not count against that number in their extra year.

So based on that 247 article the number of scholarships we have available is 11 plus however many of the current 73 scholarship are seniors using the extra covid year.

In addition to the limit of 85 scholarships, there is a limit of 25 initial counters each year. An initial counter is anyone starting their first year on scholarship that year whether a transfer or a high school recruit. The guys that enroll early and start in the spring can count toward the previous year to the guys who start in the fall.

In the press conference Napier said some of the guys will start in the spring, so they will be initial counters for the previous year.

In addition to that, the SEC limits the number of signees between December and May to 28. That limits the number of early enrollees that count to the previous year. So no, Missouri didn't sign 38 guys in a class any time in the last decade.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You probably should have stopped there.

We normally get 85 total scholarships at any one time. I did confirm that players using an extra year due to the covid year do not count against that number in their extra year.

So based on that 247 article the number of scholarships we have available is 11 plus however many of the current 73 scholarship are seniors using the extra covid year.

In addition to the limit of 85 scholarships, there is a limit of 25 initial counters each year. An initial counter is anyone starting their first year on scholarship that year whether a transfer or a high school recruit. The guys that enroll early and start in the spring can count toward the previous year to the guys who start in the fall.

In the press conference Napier said some of the guys will start in the spring, so they will be initial counters for the previous year.

In addition to that, the SEC limits the number of signees between December and May to 28. That limits the number of early enrollees that count to the previous year. So no, Missouri didn't sign 38 guys in a class any time in the last decade.

So you also have no idea and added nothing to this discussion.
@GatorJ is giving you the finger since you haven’t added anything to this discussion.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorJ is giving you the finger since you haven’t added anything to this discussion.

I thrive on the nothing Bernardo adds. To give us a break, so often his absence is so all over the place, you can hardly think.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I agree. But that is the new woke narrative. This sentiment is becoming pervasive on college campuses. Do a search for “math is racist”, “grammar is racist”, “science is racist”, and “history is racist” and you’ll find tons of article on Leftists and brainwashed Statists who actually believe that sh!t (or at least they say they do, to push policies that promote ulterior motives).

When you boil it down...Racism is Racist.

Race is not Biblical...it's man made...God made everyone and my God doesn't make Junk...

Although...I can't explain Mosquitoes or Roaches?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ provided info that is incorrect. The scholarship limit isn't 80, it's 85. And you can't have a class of 35 in the SEC. The SEC changed the rule a couple of years ago. The limit is 28 now.

And btw, the list posted previously doesn't include anyone taking an extra covid year, so 11 is indeed the most we can add unless we have more people leave.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
GatorJ provided info that is incorrect. The scholarship limit isn't 80, it's 85. And you can't have a class of 35 in the SEC. The SEC changed the rule a couple of years ago. The limit is 28 now.

And btw, the list posted previously doesn't include anyone taking an extra covid year, so 11 is indeed the most we can add unless we have more people leave.

Good Info: 28 in one class Max: 85 Team Total: UF...11 more available

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
By my count UF currently has 90 players who could be on scholarship next fall including UF's 9 signees. (The Gatorbait guy is walking on lock step with UF and all other colleges ignoring the covid free eligibility year. so his depth by class chart is fiction.) Of course that puts UF 5 over the 85 limit but maybe the 5/6th year covid guys will get an exemption again this year. I have not seen that reported yet.

There will of course be lots of players leaving for positive and negative reasons. There are every year and there are more in coaching transition years.

1. UF probably will have two or three guys and maybe more declare early for the NFL draft.

2. UF currently has 8 guys in the transfer portal. They may all leave and they may not all leave. (This does not count E. Jones who has said he will put his name in the portal, but has not done so yet.)

3. UF will not invite back some of the 9 guys who have used that 4 in 5 season of eligibility but have 1 extra year because of the covid rule.

4. I have seen it said that a program can take only a total of 30 now, up to 25 signees and up to 5 transfers. A program can not take fewer transers and sign over 25, but they can count some back if they have room. I am not sure if a program signs fewer than 25 when they have room for 25, if they can take more transfers. (I have not personally found all of these rules, but they seem to match what college are doing for the most part.)

So:

A. by the 25 rule UF can sign 16 more in this class.

B. by the 85 rule UF is over the cap, but I don't see that as being a problem.

C. I will not be surprised if UF is under the 85 cap to start next fall and maybe by a number of scholarships.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
By my count UF currently has 90 players who could be on scholarship next fall including UF's 9 signees. (The Gatorbait guy is walking on lock step with UF and all other colleges ignoring the covid free eligibility year. so his depth by class chart is fiction.) Of course that puts UF 5 over the 85 limit but maybe the 5/6th year covid guys will get an exemption again this year. I have not seen that reported yet.

There will of course be lots of players leaving for positive and negative reasons. There are every year and there are more in coaching transition years.

1. UF probably will have two or three guys and maybe more declare early for the NFL draft.

2. UF currently has 8 guys in the transfer portal. They may all leave and they may not all leave. (This does not count E. Jones who has said he will put his name in the portal, but has not done so yet.)

3. UF will not invite back some of the 9 guys who have used that 4 in 5 season of eligibility but have 1 extra year because of the covid rule.

4. I have seen it said that a program can take only a total of 30 now, up to 25 signees and up to 5 transfers. A program can not take fewer transers and sign over 25, but they can count some back if they have room. I am not sure if a program signs fewer than 25 when they have room for 25, if they can take more transfers. (I have not personally found all of these rules, but they seem to match what college are doing for the most part.)

So:

A. by the 25 rule UF can sign 16 more in this class.

B. by the 85 rule UF is over the cap, but I don't see that as being a problem.

C. I will not be surprised if UF is under the 85 cap to start next fall and maybe by a number of scholarships.
Outside of the fact we currently have 9 signees, all of this is wrong.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
One things for certain and Coach Napier touched on it in his initial presser. Businesses must be a part of the rebuild. You have to look no further than what big oil money is doing in Texas for NIL.
Some big money needs to show up at UF to keep the best players home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator