I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What really sucks about this is in the beginning Fat Todd attracted recruits because of the aggressive style of play. I think we led the conference in sacks and turnovers the first two years of Grantham. Sure, he gave up some huge 3rd downs, but we got a sh!t ton of turnovers and sacks in exchange for all the gambling. Seems that has all disappeared. Now he gambles and loses all the time with hardly any payoff. And no one wants to play for him anymore. Loser should have been fired last year. WTF! Now it's too late, and we're boned for certain.
It's all on Mullen. Has a recruit every said anything about our DC? Does he actually direct our defensive recruiting efforts?

His second DL class, 2019, had a single DT and two smallish WDE/Bucks. I noticed Mullen and his cohorts brought nobody with them from their Miss St recruiting scheme.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You mean when he had Butters recruits at a hand ful of transfers, and now we are dealing with his recruits, not so good?
Others will argue McElwain couldn't recruit- and that's true to the extent that he was checked out- but, his staff were far and away better than Mullen's fraudulent crew. At Miss St their recruiting errors were covered by "we are Miss St, we are supposed to lose".
Seems to be the theme with this staff. We show up late every time.
Over and over. Same sad story. If we know this is going on Mullen's bosses should as well.

Mullen likes weak people that make him feel like the big deal. He won't hire a great DC because of that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The comments about the UAA got him fired, the death threats just made it mid season. But it was an area that Butter's was 100% on was the UAA and Stricklin went straight to a dude that would be ok with them.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Our main competitors are lapping us on facilities. Our “new” facility if it ever happens will be a decade behind everyone else. I doubt it will move the needle much but at least it won’t actively be a detriment?

We are an “all sports” school now and the goal for football is not to embarrass the university. Not on the field mind you. We are fine being embarrassed on the field. We just don’t want to be embarrassed off the field. Except by the head coach.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Mullen is the worst recruiter at UF since maybe ever? Ray Graves would out recruit him. We know Charlie Pell and Galen Hall would run circles around him. Doug Dickey is maybe the closest comp? He let the talent level fall in the 70s.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is the worst recruiter at UF since maybe ever?
I don't know... the floor was lower with McElstain and the ceiling was lower with Hunchback. Butters had more medium and high 4*, mostly receivers, but Sharky also had a ton of 2* or 3- crap we stole from FIU.

now we steal 3* from Vandy, Indiana and Pitt, but land almost no elite talent (top 150, 5*-- dont laugh-- 4+ or 4 stars).

Dan lives in 4- or 3+ land, basically Cowbell land.

It's like arguing about which turd tastes better. the reality is both are shtt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mclewain was a ratard. He made up the death threats to try to get the media to turn on the fans because his pussy asss couldn't take the heat. His laziness was finally catching up to him. It's unreal that a mother****er that dumb is a millionaire. How stupid does an athletic director have to be to let some half wit mother****er like maclewain to get rich off of him?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know... the floor was lower with McElstain and the ceiling was lower with Hunchback. Butters had more medium and high 4*, mostly receivers, but Sharky also had a ton of 2* or 3- crap we stole from FIU.

now we steal 3* from Vandy, Indiana and Pitt, but land almost no elite talent (top 150, 5*-- dont laugh-- 4+ or 4 stars).

This is a valid point - the floor for Butters was a lot lower than Mullen. The FIU talent he brought in killed us on depth. But overall (in hindsight) Butters classes were more solid than Dopey's. If some of the talent Dopey signed that never stayed longer than 6 months the roster might be in better shape, but those two #9 ranked classes were duds due to the early, early attrition.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And yet...Mullinz classes made up of mostly Butters' recruits were more talented than the current lot. As hard as it is to believe Numbnuts is a worse recruiter than Butters.
Mullens has always been good with other people's talent. On his own he is not able to identify it, or perhaps he is, but they cannot land it. I remember he landed in a helicopter to try and land an all purpose back that eventually went to Auburn. Mullen looked stupid, out of place, insecure, and yes, like a dweeb trying to be cool. The staff doesn't build trust apparently and are not apparently aware of the shortcomings other staffs use to create doubt.

Mullen is the worst recruiter at UF since maybe ever? Ray Graves would out recruit him. We know Charlie Pell and Galen Hall would run circles around him. Doug Dickey is maybe the closest comp? He let the talent level fall in the 70s.
I know someone said that another two years of his recruiting will mean the next coach will have a worse situation than Mullen inherited and that seems to be true. fsu's staff is creaming him. He claims to be competitive(thumb wrestling) but that appears to be talk.

I guess questions about renewing contracts, salary and accountability will all be answered and obvious once this AD and HC are in the rear view mirror. I sensed our AD was an articulate Hee Haw when he came from Miss St and half the reason he settled on Mullen was they knew each other and he decided the Gator Nation would applaud the hire. That was all true. The problem is Mullen's record at Miss St was not great. Their recruiting did not objectively improve in his seasons there. Maybe they had one top 20 class. But the reality is that Miss St had never hired good HCs and Mullen was a bit better. But nobody that was praising the Mullen hire was honest about the fact that the season before he was hired they had a losing record. It was all about the fact that for part of a season in the past he had them ranked #1 for a time. That was great, true. But the previous years record should have been all most of us needed to see. And the "Mullen won two NCs at UF" as if he actually did, and if he is actually a Gator, which he is not.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is a valid point - the floor for Butters was a lot lower than Mullen. The FIU talent he brought in killed us on depth. But overall (in hindsight) Butters classes were more solid than Dopey's. If some of the talent Dopey signed that never stayed longer than 6 months the roster might be in better shape, but those two #9 ranked classes were duds due to the early, early attrition.
Who is Dopey? If you are talking about Mullen there is no doubt their staff panicked one year because their prospects looked bleak so they offered a bunch of guys that never had a chance. Reranked their classes so far have been crap. I'm not sure there is anyone left from 18' or 19'. Their classes disintegrate and depart the team as fast as anyy I have seen. As for Muschamp, his offensive classes were exceptionally lacking notwithstanding he compounded the mess with the worst group of offensive coaches we have had.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who is Dopey? If you are talking about Mullen there is no doubt their staff panicked one year because their prospects looked bleak so they offered a bunch of guys that never had a chance. Reranked their classes so far have been crap. I'm not sure there is anyone left from 18' or 19'. Their classes disintegrate and depart the team as fast as anyy I have seen. As for Muschamp, his offensive classes were exceptionally lacking notwithstanding he compounded the mess with the worst group of offensive coaches we have had.

Who TF else would "Dopey" be?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know someone said that another two years of his recruiting will mean the next coach will have a worse situation than Mullen inherited and that seems to be true.
Mullinz and company identify elite talent just as Butters did and try to land it. They sit and wait for the 5* and top150 types return to Fla, THIS IS THE YEAR, then when the talented kids commit to Alabama, Clemson Ugaly or Ceackumbus and we print " that it was close and we're still trying to flip them." Maybe we do try to flip them because it seems like we do nothing for months and months. Then just before signing Day we finally panic, realize the deadline is close, and go take leftovers.

When Dorkey Dan arrived Spurrier said something like he needs to go out and get some offensive talent. That hasnt happened, and, obviously wont. In fact he's allowed the roster to get worse, clearly worse.

The next coach will inherit a worse roster because lDan Mullen focuses on, running QBs. his scheme does not attract competent wide receivers or running backs. His offensive line coach can't land talent. His LB cant land LBs (real LBs) struggles with DL (except edge/blitz hybrids).

Our talent is going to be in the bottom of the SEC when he's gone, particularly offensive talent.

fsu's staff is creaming him. He claims to be competitive(thumb wrestling) but that appears to be talk.

smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator