Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even over a top 150 kid from elsewhere, and certainly one from questionable competition outside of the southeast, I personally think we should just stick with the highest ranked or all-state type kids from Florida.

if there's an out-of-state five star or four plus WHO REALLY WANTS TO COME TO FLORIDA, ok. but if it's a four star kid from out of state versus a 4 - kid from florida, I take the in-state kid every time.

it is so ridiculous to watch us flirting with out-of-state 5 stars (who are never coming to Florida) for most of the recruiting cycle, while all the instate 4 stars go elsewhere then losing out to UCF for the leftovers that we ignored the whole year.

It's always important to maintain those relationships with the powerhouse high schools. Booby Bowden used to say you receuit their mamas. This is undoubtedly true. Doc Holliday from Urban staff used to say you recruit the high school coaches. He is correct too.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
NCAA task force recommends removing minimum standardized test scores in effort to advance racial equity

NCAA proposes to remove minimum test scores
I am of two minds on this. I believe that standardized tests (in my day) were unfair to minorities. I have seen minorities who mastered quantum mechanics do badly on standardized tests. Still, we need standards. A better solution would be to fix the tests.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am of two minds on this. I believe that standardized tests (in my day) were unfair to minorities. I have seen minorities who mastered quantum mechanics do badly on standardized tests. Still, we need standards. A better solution would be to fix the tests.
or how about the better solution is to keep the NCAA out of it since they don't feel the need to do it for most sports.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So, nobody with a real major or specialty?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no sympathy for the kids really. I remember when the principal at Glades Central threatened to cancel sports because it was interfering in helping kids read. Parents went ballistic. The parents and families are a huge issue here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no sympathy for the kids really. I remember when the principal at Glades Central threatened to cancel sports because it was interfering in helping kids read. Parents went ballistic. The parents and families are a huge issue here.
Ive known thousands of kids who played sports and all could read. not sure how cancelling sports helps.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The whole damn place is crazy. The kids are no different.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's a standardized test. STANDARD. Study. Take practice tests. Hey I got an idea. Work hard.
Tests tend to measure your knowledge, your ability to think. If you can't pass them you're either stupid or lazy. I'm not a fan of either.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Oh cry me a river. You don't need a tutor. Pay attention in 10th grade algebra. If you can't keep up maybe college isn't for you. Half the test is just being well read. Go to a library. You can buy a helluva a lot of coverless books for the price of a pair of Air Jordan's.
Stupid or lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.