Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
81s poor excuse lmao. No I was saying I'd rather have a coach who can develop talent no matter what stars they are than have a coach who can't. Yes you are correct 3 stars won't cut it in this league, but you'd have to be a moron seeing the recruiters he's bringing in to think we won't be ok. Yes this class might suck but I guarantee the next one and the next one and the next one won't

I'm rarely offensive to anyone here besides Law, so I will apologize for that wording. And I do agree that talent has to be developed. My point is, and has been, that a lost class this year because of a line in the sand approach plus excessive attrition from a similar path roster-wise, may very well kill his chances at getting more than 3 years. It just doesn't work that way anymore. To Durty's point, again no I've not been a part of a tear-down/rebuild. What I have been a part for the bulk of my career is capital raises and the expectations that are associated with them. That's where every decision made right now will show itself in year 3. For multiple reasons, that's what I don't want to see go south. So I will remain cautiously optimistic about the next few months.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's building an amazing staff around him. Hes recruiting his ass off, and that's more than what we got with the last coach. We will be ok so maybe he has a hiccup in year 3 or 4 because of this class. If he can't recruit in the top 10 every year after this with the talent and army he will have set up then no coach can save this program and we will have to accept that we will be the new Vanderbilt of the East.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's building an amazing staff around him. Hes recruiting his ass off, and that's more than what we got with the last coach. We will be ok so maybe he has a hiccup in year 3 or 4 because of this class. If he can't recruit in the top 10 every year after this with the talent and army he will have set up then no coach can save this program and we will have to accept that we will be the new Vanderbilt of the East.

Hopeful on the first part. To be clear, he was probably my first overall choice.

Disagree on the end. It will simply mean we chose the wrong guy again, and someone not named Scott Stricklin will be the AD making the next hire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He has a hiccup in year 3, he will be broken off..... Because it will show us he is the wrong guy. UF is a 3 year rebuild, if we are hiccuping in year 3, we have the wrong guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My prediction is we sign anywhere from 7 to 9 (if it's 9 there will be a surprise). My guess:

-Smack
-McClellan (could go Oklahoma)
-Lyons
-Conner
-Williams
-Livingston
-Moore (ND is his other option)
-Washington (he's committed to UGA right now)

Surprise is either Wilson (UGA favored) or the low ranked QB Robbie Roper from Woodstock, GA. DT Kalvin Dinkins is another possible surprise, but he seems like he's going elsewhere.

If we get Washington & McClellan, along w/ the 3 OL's, that's not a bad day (2 DT's & 3 OL's). If we get 1 more DL and one more OL on NSD in Feb, that's a good class in the trenches for year 1 (remember, Mullen signed ONE heavy DL, who later transferred in year 1- and 4 OL's, 3 of which either transferred or never played).
Is the roper kid really looking at us?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am most certainly not a Napier hater, but to answer some of your questions:

1. I don't like the hire because he is a terrible fit for UF and its program.

2. I think he wants UF fans to be patient because he is a bit of an excuse maker. That has also been the case in with some press conferences at Louisiana after some questionable in game decisions.

3. I am sure he wants to win games HIS WAY. We shall see if he is flexible.

4. He has made the obvious stupid lie that he is humble which is completely belied by his actions since taking the job. (I suspected he was "coached" up on this as a reaction to Mullen's perceived cockiness. UF's UAA is constantly fighting the last war not the current war.)

5. He most certainly seems willing to make personnel decisions that will cost UF wins next year and maybe the next couple or three. He is apparently building for the long run in a program that has fired each of the last three coaches and 4 out of its last 5 coaches in the 3rd or 4th year.
God you are an insufferable asshat. Get bent. I'm really close to just banning your dumb ass, you bring nothing but total garbage to the table.

If this post gets 20 likes you are banned for life.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is the roper kid really looking at us?

I guess so - he's recently received a lot of interest from bigger schools (assuming schools looking for a QB2). Ole Miss reached out and so did Vandy, Alabama, and a few other schools. He was mostly getting interest from G5 schools and FCS/1AA schools.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He has a hiccup in year 3, he will be broken off..... Because it will show us he is the wrong guy. UF is a 3 year rebuild, if we are hiccuping in year 3, we have the wrong guy.

8-4/9-3 hiccup? Fine. That's '92/'07 material.

4-8/5-7/6-6? Now we're in that discussion you mentioned.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking a 9-3 hiccup worse possible 8-4. I think we will have enough talent to fill in the gaps this class might need the next few years. Then it will be back to whooping ass

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
TOS is reporting that Shemar James is a real possibility to UF.

Supposedly, CBN will zoom with Shemar and momma tonight. Last night Toney zoomed with them.

If we miss out, whatever...at least we have a staff that is working hard. It is going to pay off in the long run.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TOS is reporting that Shemar James is a real possibility to UF.

Everette to uga. I can't believe this moron is about to sign a secondary class like this one. Maybe it's best Napier wants to emphasize the run.

But it is looking more likely that we get a real shot at Humphries again, and maybe Wilson. In any event, one of those DBs will be in the portal within 12 months, so maybe someone like Singletary falls back to us. Would've been nice if Raymond had another few weeks here.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You do realize he was committed to us just a couple of months ago, right?

I understand how you missed my sarcasm since it is rarely used on this board.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.