Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You really think Scotch drinkers are so different than you and I? They came to this country just like everybody else, in search of a dream.
This is taking that dream (or dram?) a little too far. Don't fuk with Bourbon.
s975828447740546145_p38_i2_w1000.jpeg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A good old fashion is a thing of beauty. Definitely not something that can come out of a can though. Same thing with a mojito. Has to be made fresh. The quality of the ice makes a big difference too. Recently my icemaker broke in my refrigerator. I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed yet so I have been buying bagged ice and noticed my nightcap bourbon with a cube or 2 of ice taste better with the store ice.

Grand Rapids sound pretty cool. When I retire I want to travel the US. I'll put GR on my list.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I grew up mostly in NW Ohio. Lived there from 1969 to 1980. Longest 20 years of my life lol. But enjoyed trips to Michigan quite a bit. My Father worked for Chrysler as an engineer in the tank division. He lived in the suburbs of Detroit and it was actually a very cool area. Integrated before multicultural was even a term. We would head to Toronto sometimes just to eat or see a show. Used to go to Tiger Stadium for a game. What a dump that place was. Literally every 8th seat or so was directly behind a 10 inch wide support bar lol. Still we always had a good time. A friend of mine’s uncle was the caretaker for Ted Nugent’s trout farm. We got invited up most years for the salmon run. 20 plus pound cohos for the taking (as long as you could avoid the game wardens lol). I have pretty fond memories of Michigan and will check out some of your suggestions one day.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A good old fashion is a thing of beauty. Definitely not something that can come out of a can though. Same thing with a mojito. Has to be made fresh. The quality of the ice makes a big difference too.

@ltraz they have those premade canned OF’s at a place in Disney we stay at. Never tried them, but they use rock candy as the simple syrup and looks intriguing. But I’m pretty picky so always pass. Sounds like that’s been the right call.

Both of you are spot on about OF’s. They can be messed up so easily, but when done correctly, are near perfect drink. And ice is key. Ironically, I had a terrible OF this weekend at a very nice bar while on vacation. They tried smoking it, and the whole thing was a disaster. The worst I’ve ever had. I did, however, finish off their last pour of a Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel, which earned me the bottle that I will now sell online and more than pay for the bill. About the only thing that went my way on Saturday.

upload_2021-10-18_10-38-38.jpeg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think thing guys trying to recruit would help? I dont.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The recruiting barn is pretty much full of hay for the 2022 class. Not much else they could do except burn the hay that is in the barn. Sadly, there really isn't much hay in the barn and what hay the pumpers were expecting is going to another barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.