Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is it really possible that our new RB coach is going to do, in 12-24 of being employed with UF, what Knox couldn’t do in 4 years? Seriously?
I think it's a long shot for any of them, but in terms of doing what Knox couldn't, that's already occurred. Those kids weren't even thinking about Florida. Now at least theyve considered the possibility.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The new co-DC Toney has updated his twitter profile and has started following recruits, including:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jimbo just flipped the DT from Lakeland....who was supposedly going to Oklahoma because his parents are both alumni.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Jimbo just flipped the DT from Lakeland....who was supposedly going to Oklahoma because his parents are both alumni.

I’ll give him one thing; he can recruit. Hopefully there’s a day in the not too distant future where we can again swoop in and grab a guy like this right before NSD.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I am not interested until he starts recruiting in Kansas.

In all seriousness, Jimbo is loading up to try and knock off Bama in the coming years

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the first time in several years, it’s actually fun and exciting reading a recruiting thread and actually seeing our coaches hitting the bricks. Not really expecting miracles right out of the gate, but Napier and co. actually doing something other than going through the portal catalog is a positive. And the men look good in their Gator gear. Something about Mullen in a long sleeve button-down, pleated khakis, and Jordan’s looked more like the weird uncle that everybody avoids at the family get togethers (pre-COVID of course).

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can honestly say that I have been following the recruiting thread here for the last few days. Over the last few years, maybe to what we landed (or didn't land) on NSD, ESD. This is for me a BIG refreshing part of what it is going to take and we've been saying on this board forever. A lot of it did go with former admin and staff not getting into an arms race, but that culture allowed a "we don't need to recruit" attitude. Glad to see Napier getting out and making waves. Like Kirby said after getting our azzes kicked, you gotta out recruit the other teams. Looks like perhaps Napier is sending a message to all that things are going to change at UF.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In all seriousness, Jimbo is loading up to try and knock off Bama in the coming years

The guy can sell. But, in 11 years as a head coach he averages 4 losses a season. He made a name for himself in the 2012-2014 seasons. He has been living off of that ever since. Since 2017 he is 5-6, 9-4, 8-5, 9-1 (covid, fluke year), 8-4 (this season). Adding Kelly to the west ensures Jimbo stays at 4 losses a year. No coach has done so little with top 5 classes. How do you get top 5 talent every single season and still lose 4 games? How? Even Mullinz could do better than that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy can sell. But, in 11 years as a head coach he averages 4 losses a season. He made a name for himself in the 2012-2014 seasons. He has been living off of that ever since. Since 2017 he is 5-6, 9-4, 8-5, 9-1 (covid, fluke year), 8-4 (this season). Adding Kelly to the west ensures Jimbo stays at 4 losses a year. No coach has done so little with top 5 classes. How do you get top 5 talent every single season and still lose 4 games? How? Even Mullinz could do better than that.

Being a better salesperson than head coach/CEO... he managing to get talent, but doesn't place that talent in a position to succeed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probly take a progression of seasons for Napier to get Florida recruiting where h.s. players jump at the offers to play at UF.
Think of rewarded plodding Vince Lombardi style. Please, let Napier be phenominal.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
THIS. RIGHT. HERE. Like what he is doing. There is NO REASON AT ALL that UF shouldn't have been doing this!! Go Sell it CN.

Same picture, but from the recruit - I like his comment!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's a numbers game...Like he said, "If you can't find 25..."

At this rate, if he only gets 5% of his targets we'll be fine. Gotta love the energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.