Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I'm missing something but if I'm trying to close the deal with a 10, why would I invite over a bunch of homies to also try and bang her?
We actually did this back in the day with Urban and Company.

As I recall one of the primary participants was WVU. They (Rich Rod etc) were trying to teach mullinz a functional offense ( in particular speeding up the tempo and adding vertical passing) and Charlie Strong was trying to teach WVU a functional defense.

Coaches were also keen on exchanging information with us because they wanted the a few of the pearls of Urban's special teams.

Coaches exchange stuff with other friendlies fairly often.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maybe I'm missing something but if I'm trying to close the deal with a 10, why would I invite over a bunch of homies to also try and bang her?

They call it a "satellite camp", it got popular a few years back when Harbaugh and Meyer were holding camps in Florida. Then, I think Alabama did one at IMG (or they held their spring practices there for a week or something).

As Law said, this isn't bad. FSU doesn't really compete w/ Washington State for recruits....I suppose they may occasionally go after a UCF or USF type recruit, but they shouldn't be. I've said this repeatedly, FSU is doing a much better job reaching out, making offers, getting visitors, etc. than our staff. Will it pay off? Who knows, but they have two 5-stars committed and are coming off a huge sh*t-show of a season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who do you think he vacations with 5 months out of the year

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kentucky lands a huge commit from a 4-star OT (ranked inside the top 100 overall) - beats out Alabama & Ohio State:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

When's the last time we landed a OL ranked that high? Ivey? But Mullen will hang onto his sh*tty OL coach....

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
in the old days that was Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame territory for the top kids.

Kentucky has really invested in facilities for sports and it's paying off.
Good point. And while Ky does not produce a lot of talent, they are close to states like Ohio, Pa, and Indiana, and others who do. Sell these kids on being in the SEC, but still close to home.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. And while Ky does not produce a lot of talent, they are close to states like Ohio, Pa, and Indiana, and others who do. Sell these kids on being in the SEC, but still close to home.
I just can't imagine they make the next step. But it won't be because they aren't trying.

Maybe if OSU falls some. There just isn't much talent in the KY area.

It DOES certainly help us that TINERC will have much more difficulty restocking bc they used to draw from that same pool, sometimes going into Illinois, Indy, Ohio to grab talent that wanted to play in the SEC.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Stoops has done a great job in Ohio. There was an article about Michigan State trying to get back into Ohio (after they hired Mel Tucker) and how their recruiting had fallen off because Kentucky was plucking the most talent from Ohio (other than OSU, of course, who gets who they want).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A lot of camps this weekend, lots of good info coming out.

If Mullen misses on this kid somebody should kick him in the nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.