Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Something inconceivable to me as little as 5 years ago happened. I started not gaf about televised sports anymore. I was hardcore about all my teams. Redskins, Gators, Sabres. Originally it was a slow trickle of not caring anymore. Then politics infected everything. I found it very easy to turn it all off. When the Redskins caved and dropped their name, it just made it all the more easy to stop for good. I still weakly hold on to the Gators and Sabres, but they don't affect me in any significant way. The positive about this with the Gators is that I know almost zilch about recruiting and coaching candidates etc. So I can hope for our new head coach success and not be bogged down by the intricacies that others here are much more knowledgeable about. So lets go Gators, wishing Sling Blade the best.
Coach Tater :lol2:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Oh yes. The ol classic, “I didn’t read the thread, but will still call everyone racists. And biitch about posters bringing up politics, while basically being the only poster to actually bring up politics.” Well done.

I laughed out loud. What an assclown.

Dude calls out racists while posting the only swastika I've ever seen on this board.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There are only two things that have bothered me on this board during my time here. The first is the gratuitous criticims of people particularly coaches for physical traits they can't change. "Butter teeth" is a prime example to me. It irriated me but I was willing to ignore that along with a few other juvenile practices here. My second problem was the very uneven moderation and that too I mostly ignored.
:exactly:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
'Crete is a national treasure.
...and Ox is the captain of a pirate ship. What do we do with treasure, matey?

f9e33e8642691f23072533e68f7701ea.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I like any post that features me in it but that one really was outstanding.

Some members here have not gotten to experience the type of fraternal camaraderie "in real life" that FG is talking about, and that's a shame.

But guess what? Here's your chance, Fuchstards!

Try valuing this site as an opportunity to discover the joy of locker room bro-culture, instead of getting offended because it falls short of YOUR standards of decorum.

Only Nixon could go to China.

Only Captain Kirk could make peace with the Klingons.

And only someone whose beloved Mother died last Sunday can definitively say...

"YOUR MOM" JOKES ARE FUNNY!!!

If you don't think so, then go Fuchs your mother.

I admit to getting annoyed when a poster I wasn't even talking to comes out of left field and rips me personally over an opinion of mine they don't like. But I get over it, and move on.

Sure, I may get into a thread-killing pissing match with the person that goes on for 3-4 pages first. :catfight: But still. Eventually we get over it, and we move on.

The tone on every message board is set by whoever runs it.

Beta Country is owned by a soft, New Age fruit loop and managed by uptight, crotchety sticks in the mud.

This site is owned AND operated by someone who is more relatable to those of us who have experienced and enjoyed the ballbusting banter that goes on between brothers. It is what it is, and (hopefully) isn't going to change. You can't beat us. So join us!

Regarding pumping vs. dumping...

I don't like the idea of Ox literally requiring everyone to support our new coach, upon pain of being locked out of threads, suspended or banned. It shouldn't be mandatory, it should be voluntary. But I, for one, volunteer.

In my not-so-humble opinion, Billy Napier is the right coach at the right time. So far he is saying all the right things and has done nothing worthy of criticism or negativity from Florida Gator fans. And that is what we are, isn't it?

This is a direct quote from Napier's introductory press conference:

“It's important that everybody take ownership in their role, whatever that may be. You may be the equipment manager. You might be a cheerleader. You may run a local business. You might just be a Florida Gator fan in the barber shop. But I think it's critical that we rally together, support each other as we work to establish a really high standard of excellence for this program both on and off the field.”

Perception can become reality. At the barber shops and water coolers, in the break rooms and sports bars, on social media and message boards, if we all act like we believe that Gator Greatness is truly back again, that belief will carry through to the ones who matter most: BLUE CHIP CROOTS.

a15e3bec9fa9f58c822db46ce9cb83a5c6924080.gifv
TLDR... and FTR, immediately after you posted about your mom (RIP Mama G), I wanted to reply with, "Is she still warm?" But, out of respect, I did not. 88 is wrong, there IS decorum here!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In my not-so-humble opinion, Billy Napier is the right coach at the right time. So far he is saying all the right things and has done nothing worthy of criticism or negativity from Florida Gator fans. And that is what we are, isn't it?

This is a direct quote from Napier's introductory press conference:

“It's important that everybody take ownership in their role, whatever that may be. You may be the equipment manager. You might be a cheerleader. You may run a local business. You might just be a Florida Gator fan in the barber shop. But I think it's critical that we rally together, support each other as we work to establish a really high standard of excellence for this program both on and off the field.”
I'll save this quote for next fall when Tater is down by 10 to Vandy and runs out the clock going into halftime....

What makes for all the over the top confidence in this guy? Words that he saying that sound right?
Please someone explain because I must have missed out on the memo from the future showing all of our NC's that he's won for us.....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You clearly have a lot to learn. Bulls have balls; oxen do not.

No so fast my friend...not always...MOST are steers

Put simply, an ox (or oxen if you're talking about more than one), is any cattle over four years of age that has been trained to do work. Most often they are steers (castrated male cattle). Any breed of cattle can be trained to become an ox, although some breeds are better suited to it than others.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No so fast my friend...not always...MOST are steers

Put simply, an ox (or oxen if you're talking about more than one), is any cattle over four years of age that has been trained to do work. Most often they are steers (castrated male cattle). Any breed of cattle can be trained to become an ox, although some breeds are better suited to it than others.
All right. I’ll make it singular: Ox does not. Better?

Edit: FWIW, I was going off of the dictionary:

ox
[ oks ]
See synonyms for ox on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural ox·en [ok-suhn] for 1, 2, ox·es for 3.
the adult castrated male of the genus Bos, used chiefly as a draft animal.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
TLDR thread

This is an asinine thread designed to show the Bull that we love him?

So let me get this straight…

This is a board created by a right-wing nut who is asking:

Why its posters are emotionally psycho…
With extreme emotional reactions to the least provocative posts.
With posters who can’t resist tossing political sewage in almost every thread (including the person I most respected here-- Cover2 till he decided to show his redneck ass too)

This is a KKK/Proud Boys (not UF)/Confederate/Racist/Sexist/Mom banging… board.

BUT

I’m here because of the knowledgeable football posters (eg..ltraz, Law)

I’m here for the over-the-top discussions about coaching hires (Law told me to drink bleach when I posted Muschamp would be a disaster)

I’m here despite losing the gal (Queenie) who enticed me to this forsaken hellhole.

I’m here for the elegant writing in Sofla”s posts

I’m here despite the board health-care geniuses who still think Covid is sniffles.

**** why am I still here?

Oh…about Napier. Kinda like the Sharkhumper hire. Unless he proves otherwise.
Wait until word gets out that you paid...Lifetime Membership paid...to join a KKK Proud Boys site. Not exactly a resume-builder in your virtue-signalling circle. You may be better suited to Oprah's Book Club.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
All right. I’ll make it singular: Ox does not. Better?

Edit: FWIW, I was going off of the dictionary:

ox
[ oks ]
See synonyms for ox on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural ox·en [ok-suhn] for 1, 2, ox·es for 3.
the adult castrated male of the genus Bos, used chiefly as a draft animal.

The bigger question is...Has our OX been trained to work?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
TLDR thread

With posters who can’t resist tossing political sewage in almost every thread (including the person I most respected here-- Cover2 till he decided to show his redneck ass too)

View attachment 38181

BUT

I’m here for the over-the-top discussions about coaching hires (Law told me to drink bleach when I posted Muschamp would be a disaster)

I’m here despite losing the gal (Queenie) who enticed me to this forsaken hellhole.

I’m here despite the board health-care geniuses who still think Covid is sniffles.

oh-nigga-nigga-please.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR thread

BUT

55612f981e71065.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.