2022 State of the Board: A new era for UF

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a weekend watch. Don’t try to shift the focus front the fact that I picked a bucket of some of the best looking strawberries ever. I hope every one of your pavers cracks.
I’m seriously considering replacing our concrete slave driveway with a paver driveway.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t necessarily agree with you, but gave you a like anyway for responding and doing so with candor.

While I don’t like to think I was one of the posters who was/is constantly negative, I could never get annoyed with those who were as I sympathized greatly with their sentiment. We may have gotten spoiled as Gator fans by SOS and Urbs, but they also validated what Gator fans had known for years: UF could be a consistent powerhouse and compete for titles every year.

Once one knows both emotionally and intellectually that this is true, it becomes hard to accept mediocrity (or worse). None of the last three hires before CBN excited very many folks. Sure we all started optimistic, hoping for the best, and that maybe our instincts were wrong, but as the cracks started to appear, well, we knew what we knew. So sure, the negativism comes quickly to the surface. Once a coach starts circling the drain, there’s no point in doing anything other than moving on. And truth be told, it’s not really negativism to say UF should never lose to (over even have a close game with) an FCS school; UF should never have an offense that has trouble scoring, or UF should never have average (or worse) recruiting classes; it’s reality.

The majority of the posters here obviously speak their minds and it sounds negative, because, for the most part, the last 10+ years have been below the standard. To claim anything else insults our collective intelligence. If CBN turns this thing around, this place will be sunshine and roses and be as pumperish as the other sites. If not, it won’t be; but it will be honest.
Truth!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is a “UF style of offense”?

I’d say that the 3 past regimes tried to cram the wrong QB into the style they wanted. Zero ability to adapt to the players actually on the field. Hopefully Napier will design the schemes around the PLAYERS
That's the key to any great coach...understanding how to best utilize what you have.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No, it matches is Members Only jacket.

I still have one. Couldn't find my other one last winter and wore it. The hell I caught from my own family was brutal. I used to have watch when I went diving. Haven't worn one for years. They have this thingy called a cell phone now.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You should have gotten a :facepalm: for calling Poly a "scary place," when you have no problem stirring the pot with the rest of us over there. It's your birthday week, though. :grouphug:

I've stirred the COVID pot almost exclusively. And if you haven't noticed I've given up on that. Everybody's made up their minds.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I've stirred the COVID pot almost exclusively. And if you haven't noticed I've given up on that. Everybody's made up their minds.
Nah. This is America. If you did a big enough survey, at least 1% or higher would answer “not sure” , another 1+% would answer “no opinion”, and another 1+% would say “not familiar with the issue”.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I thought this was a KKK/Proud about Swastika hanging forum? Did I miss something?

IVLf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator