Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR, seriously. But I'll give you my opinion, even though you already know it.
I didn't like the Mullen hire, but I gave him a chance and cheered my Gators on to a couple of decent seasons. He lost me after LSU last year by not playing Pitts, and to top it off he defended Marco and the shoe toss - feckin' moron! I couldn't stand to watch him anymore and barely watched any games this year (mostly just watched highlights following the game, if we won, which was pretty rare in the middle of the season). Good riddance to that lazy idiot and his fat DC!
I like the Napier hire - I like that Strick went after him. Tear it down and build it back up for a new brand of Billy Ball! That's what I say.
PS-Lincoln Riley would have been the only other coach I would have looked at and I don't think we had a chance - hell, LSU didn't even have a chance. :lol:
I also want Law to come back because when I get too negative, reading his posts brings me back to reality that I'm not that bad off.
Just my opinion.
:bart: :bandit:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For those who missed it, here was Donk's post to me, completely unprovoked and out of the blue this morning:

This is a guy who needs a break. He's not a happy guy right now, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with football.
:scoff3: That's pretty much a carbon copy of every other post he makes.

I don't care which direction the board goes, as long as we take it to a ridiculous extreme. I am all in favor of stamping out realistic expectations and reasonableness and moderation wherever they may be found.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm excited about this new hire the way I was in 2005 I think what people are misunderstanding about the stars comment is he's saying I'm not just gonna sign a 5 star lb because he's a 5 star I'm gonna sign positions that we need that help build a complete team. He will go after 5 stars in positions that need the most help but he's not gonna sign 3 180 lbs 5 star safeties when we need 3 5 star dls.

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
I used to post some, not a lot before. The negativity around here is why I took a sabbatical. I always lurked at times, but never really got back into posting. I still see negative crap on here.

I’m in no way saying there aren’t times when we, as Gator lovers, should be upset or pissed off about some certain things. But, when it’s all the time after something goes wrong it gets a bit much. Perfect point, BB team has been doing good. It’s been successful so far in the early season. But some poster lost their mind after the last loss and started a Fire Mike White thread.

Really? We all have to remember one thing, these athletes are still kids. They are bound to slip up and make mistakes. Coaches are also human and cannot be perfect or coach perfectly every time. None of the programs are going to win every game. Sure, we can expect perfection. But if you live your life expecting perfection, the let downs are going to be ten times harder on you.

I may catch flack or negative comments for posting this but I’m being honest. Honestly, if I do it will just go to prove my point about expectations. Thought I’d step out of the lurker bushes to post my .02. Maybe I should nestle back in and stay there!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I am neutral on the hire. JUST LIKE WHEN SPURRIER was hired. And Zook, and Meyer, and Muschamp, and McElwain ... but I was somewhat leary of Mullen because he wasn't well liked when he was here before.

ESD, SD, O&B game, Oregon game, Leghumper game , ESD2... All these have to happen before I'll have a decent understanding of the program status. But that's just me and my opinion.

Glad to see OX is allowing negativity again. Over the top negativity or positivity is relative.

All boards need a Donkey.

All boards need a Boss.

All boards need an ignore button too.

Go Gators.

Beat the Leghumpers.

Go Michigan ! (until you beat the buttsniffers... then piss off)

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This place is about expressing opinions. And as we know, opinions are like a$$holes, and this board has a$$holes. I've wondered,..do they think they're being funny by being that way or are they miserable wretches and really a$$holes who feel the need to share their misery?
I come here to get informed, to have fun making jokes with what I believe to be good natured banter because we're all Gator fans. And no, not SwampGas...we can't criticize or discuss that...kinda banter. People shouldn't have to be told how to act or interact with others. I applaud Ox for running his board instead of letting the inmates do it. If not for the "ignore" function, I likely wouldn't still be here. I highly recommend it. Btw, I only have one person on ignore.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I like this new HC and will be onboard with what he does for UF. I like Gatorchatter because everyone has the ability to say what they want unlike other boards! It does get bad sometimes but that's what opinions are about. Will be here no matter what and will ALWAYS support the Gators!!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Its a fine line between constructive criticism and just bashing, especially on a message board. I agree, to me, the point of participating on a discussion board is (insert jokes later) to have some reasoned conversation with others who are knowledgeable and willing to share an opinion. For example, why do you think it is better to not use the pistol offense versus the air raid, etc. Instead of hearing some points about offensive efficiency etc, many times it just became/becomes a drag about how idiotic/dumb/loser etc our current staff/administration is or how somehow everything is the fault of some liberal agenda. To be fair not everyone obviously, as there are some legit posters that do come with facts and fair responses. Damn that stuff gets tiring, I get it, our AD and Admin has not shown the desire to "win at all costs". But we all know that. It is still my university, and I will always support the team that we put out there. So constantly bemoaning something we all know just becomes stale and not fun.

As far as current new coach, I do think it feels different. It is the first time I feel that not only does the admin want to win, but the coach actually has a vision and plan to utilize the vast resources that can be available to him at a university like UF. Like was said in the press conference, the right time, right place. I never heard the previous hires talk about having an army of staff to support the mission of being the best program in the SEC. And while I know the brand has taken a hit, I am completely confident that UF is one of the few programs that can rapidly turn things around. There are only a handful of programs like that in the SEC and nation. We are one of them. So with the right coach, and hopefully this is our guy, its going to be a good run around here.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Donk will be back. How many times has he left us in the past?

As for the Pumper V Dumper thingy, I don't really like dictating the narrative, but I will say some people were being Debbie Downers for no good reason. There is NOTHING about the Napier hire that should be alarming or worrisome to someone. NOTHING.

I gave Chump a chance.
I gave Butters a chance.
Hell, I didn't like the hire but after a little hissy fit I even gave Cousin Eddie a chance.

I'm going to give Napier a chance and am most excited about his potential. If his potential never materializes I can call him Slingblade and bitch til he's fired. Why skip the giving him a chance part? It makes no sense.

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
I’m inwardly optimistic and outwardly pessimistic. My college football friends all scoff at the Napier hire in comparison to the likes of Riley at USC, Kelly at LSU, and Cristobal at Miami.

What they probably don’t realize is just how bad it has gotten inside UF football. We are behind in nearly every metric (facilities, infrastructure, support staff, sports science, analytics, etc.). The inward optimist sees this Napier hire as just what the doctor ordered. Combine what we know about him with the new facility coming online and the public statements made in the past few weeks by Stricklin and I think we all have reason to be hopeful that the dark ages are nearing an end.

With all of that said, I’ve also told them the expectations at Florida are competitive by year two, and SEC championship(s) by year five, with multiple CFP runs. If the results don’t come we’ll be back in this situation in four or five years and that’s okay with me.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
I used to post some, not a lot before. The negativity around here is why I took a sabbatical. I always lurked at times, but never really got back into posting. I still see negative crap on here.

I’m in no way saying there aren’t times when we, as Gator lovers, should be upset or pissed off about some certain things. But, when it’s all the time after something goes wrong it gets a bit much. Perfect point, BB team has been doing good. It’s been successful so far in the early season. But some poster lost their mind after the last loss and started a Fire Mike White thread.

Really? We all have to remember one thing, these athletes are still kids. They are bound to slip up and make mistakes. Coaches are also human and cannot be perfect or coach perfectly every time. None of the programs are going to win every game. Sure, we can expect perfection. But if you live your life expecting perfection, the let downs are going to be ten times harder on you.

I may catch flack or negative comments for posting this but I’m being honest. Honestly, if I do it will just go to prove my point about expectations. Thought I’d step out of the lurker bushes to post my .02. Maybe I should nestle back in and stay there!
Preach! With age, I’ve just gotten better at not responding to thoughts/comments that drains the heck out of me. I remember the pre-Spurrier years all to well; perspective is everything.

Go Gators

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think it’s futile to try and tell anyone how they should think or feel about anything. Some folks are just negative and critical by nature. Others have been beaten into submission. Some just want to go along with crowd.
Point being, I’ve always appreciated you letting the board dictate what’s acceptable and what’s not. Don’t really understand why you’ve started to try and control the narrative. Personally, I’m excited about the hire but I don’t mind hearing from those that aren’t.
:clap:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good post ox.

I was not happy at all when word of Napier first started circulating bc I was hoping after 15 or so years maybe we would finally get a big time coach. Well, after doing a lot of research, I think it's possible we may have got a big time coach but did so before anyone else did. If so. Grand slam for Stricklin. If not then he will be gone soon. Hoping for the former.

P.S.

If you are still sitting around thinking ppl are ridiculous for wanting mike white fired, you're a certified retard.

If you're patting yourself on the back for giving butters and mullen a chance before admitting they were terrible hires, it doesn't mean you're a better gator than others. It just means you're a much stupider gator than others. Deal with it.

:thug2:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is nothing wrong with being negative when it’s warranted and our football program has been deserving of the negativity sent it’s way by this board over the last 7 years. There hasn’t been much to be positive about, I’m hoping we’re about to turn the corner and get this train moving in the right direction. I’m all aboard until they give me a reason to jump off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator