2022 State of the Board: A new era for UF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Really bummed we missed out on Cristobal. He could have set a record getting slaughtered by Utah three times in less than a year had we picked him up.
You have no idea what Gomer Pyle has in store for you then.....

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He's actually lost recruits ....

Look nothing against the guy but he was fired by Dabo and was WR's coach at Bama when they were running the ball 80% of the time....other than that he's coached at a glorified HS sized college....If he wins then great but I'm telling you it isn't very likely and compund that with the fact we didn't even try for anyone else first and this most likely has disaster written all over it...Hell I can remember when some of you were jumping up and down when Muschamp hired Charlie Weiss....so please save it with the "all star staff" he's assembling.

Count to 10 slowly, breath deeply and take something for your menstrual cramps. He is our coach now so give him a fair chance. Layoff for now until there is an actual result to evaluate. Maybe he adheres to the Saban program building program rather than the CreteHead program. If he screws it up we will all join you at the pyre when he is burned at the stake.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Tell me the part that's not 100% true?

You sound just like back in 2018 when Mullen missed on about 10 recruits and you told me verbatim...."we're getting all the good guys next year".....good coaches don't wait til next year...ever...
He’s been on the job for four days. FOUR DAYS.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Count to 10 slowly, breath deeply and take something for your menstrual cramps. He is our coach now so give him a fair chance. Layoff for now until there is an actual result to evaluate. Maybe he adheres to the Saban program building program rather than the CreteHead program. If he screws it up we will all join you at the pyre when he is burned at the stake.
I don't hate the guy or anything and if he wins then great. It's just that we went from hiring a guy who was a HCIW to a guy who was a HC at a directional school, to a guy who used to lose to directional schools, and now back to a HC from a directional school.....anyone else see my point? It makes no sense. And just because he coaches under Saban is no guarantee(see Butters/Muschamp)....I don't mind the hire if it is the back up plan but for Christ sakes take a swing for the bleachers before trying to lay down a bunt....

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't hate the guy or anything and if he wins then great. It's just that we went from hiring a guy who was a HCIW to a guy who was a HC at a directional school, to a guy who used to lose to directional schools, and now back to a HC from a directional school.....anyone else see my point? It makes no sense. And just because he coaches under Saban is no guarantee(see Butters/Muschamp)....I don't mind the hire if it is the back up plan but for Christ sakes take a swing for the bleachers before trying to lay down a bunt....

It is evident that he appears to be much different than his recent predecessors. Since he has now been hired and is under contract this is a time to let it play out and pull for a good guy to succeed. There is a time to 'march on Montgomery' and there is a time for patience. If or when he fails we will all light our torches, sharpen our pitchforks and meet you at BHG stadium to tar and feather Napier and Stricklin.

Last edited:

Gator97

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Mostly just lurk, but my 2 cents…

one of my biggest problems with Mullen was the stubbornness and lack of accountability, and BN seems to be wired for accountability. I don’t have the same confidence of pending success like when we hired Meyer, but certainly not resigned to doom and gloom.

As for the board, the negativity is heavy, but I’ve come to think of it as part of the charm of the place. Bigger annoyances are the political die hards that can’t keep that crap in the political forum and the occasional homophobic comments that I guess some think are needed for a sports bar atmosphere.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love Crete. He says some funny shcit. But Mario Cristobal? Why would we want a guy with a losing record?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Get bent.
--------------------------------------------------------
Straightening Out the Bow

Getting bent in the middle at the end
Every performer performs this fallacy,
Whereas when my talents I expend
I expect the audience to bow to me.
:cool:

claybmt

Sep 15, 2014
I'm cautiously optimistic, something I haven't been since Meyer was hired. Napier's offense may resemble the type of offense Muschamp ran, but I think it'll be more successful simply because Napier will actually put effort in recruiting and developing offensive players instead of treating them like an afterthought. It's still very early, but I like what I've seen so far.

Also, I do hope Donkey comes back.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: This thread....
giphy.gif
Shazam...........Nabors was a national treasure.
btw I think Crete is channeling :law: now to keep Ox on his cloven feet.
Also, I do hope Donkey comes back.
He's like the flu. He always returns

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Recruits suck. But in the mean this does happen when changes take place. Lets get the staff in place. Some of these could be attributed to they may not know who their coach is going to be. I am also perfectly fine with him ridding himself of any potential Mullenite recruit to simply PURGE that culture from UF. I am ok with that. I am also fine with letting this process play out. So far all that I am seeing is good. Good hires, Aggressive work, and most of all perhaps Stricknine has seen the light and giving $$$$. This is something we've not had before. Most of all my Christmas came early this year after getting Coal last year. Mullen is gone along with Grantham.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is evident that he appears to be much different than his recent predecessors. Since he has now been hired and is under contract this is a time to let it play out and pull for a good guy to succeed. .

Bull, this argument will fall on deaf ears because this is the fuching argument we have been hearing with ever new hire since 2011. Then what will happen is the first game of the season, we will have less penalties and everyone will cream themselves over that fact. The smoke that gets blown up our asses about every single fuching hire is again being blown up our asses.

Does the Tater Tot deserves his shot, yep, and he gets three years to prove it. If we are legit playing for SEC Championships he will, if not be the next in a long run of guys who were going to "change the culture". The same promises that he has made about infrastructure were made in 2014 by another Saban tree guy. Until the Athletic Association shows real buy in we are what we are.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bull, this argument will fall on deaf ears because this is the fuching argument we have been hearing with ever new hire since 2011. Then what will happen is the first game of the season, we will have less penalties and everyone will cream themselves over that fact. The smoke that gets blown up our asses about every single fuching hire is again being blown up our asses.

Does the Tater Tot deserves his shot, yep, and he gets three years to prove it. If we are legit playing for SEC Championships he will, if not be the next in a long run of guys who were going to "change the culture". The same promises that he has made about infrastructure were made in 2014 by another Saban tree guy. Until the Athletic Association shows real buy in we are what we are.
You really see absolutely no difference in this approach by the university compared to the last 3 hires? None?

I'm trying to think of a single time you've ever said anything positive about anything in 7+ years and I'm coming up blank.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Whats different is we finally dished out the same amount of $ that Alabama and Ga spend on asst coaches and support staff. We have never done that before. CR was an absolute grand slam hire for a CB coach. If we fill out the staff with Seider , Lupoi, and some of the other names being rumored he will have put together an amazing staff that can recruit and coach. Our new football facility will open up this year. He has done more recruiting in 4 days than the last staff has done all year. This just feels completely different to me than the last three bozos. If he can’t get the job done in 3 to 4 years, then he will be gone. But what I have seen so far in 4 days looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.