Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The X2 Pick 'Em software has access to a game the last one did not: SURVIVOR. The way this works is you are given a slate of 10 games every week and you make ONE pick that you are certain that you got right. You can only pick a team ONCE for an entire season, and the system will not allow you to pick them again. If you get it right, you advance to the next week. If you get it wrong, you get a strike against you. Since it's double elimination, after your second strike, you are eliminated.

The last one standing wins the pot - WINNER TAKE ALL. In theory, the season could end halfway through if only one person is left. We will continue on all the way to the NC game if that's what it takes to determine a winner, but I would expect to have one long before that.

I will use a slate of 10 games that I think are the biggest toss-ups. These are straight up picks, no spread.

Let's make this cheap and fun - $10 per person, winner takes all. I won't even take a slice of the pot off the top.

So far we have (those in red have not yet paid):

1. URGatorbait
2. RiverRat
3. CaseyGator
4. GatorBart
5. bradgator2
6. GR8 2B
7. MJMGator
8. Gatormac2112
9. Bait'n Gator
10. FlyingGator
11. NVGator
12. Oklahoma Gator
13. cartman302
14. gardnerwebbgator
15. Egor's Assistant

16. Bayougator
17. Frozen Gator
18. gatormandan

19. SGG
20. Sam16
21. DocZaius
22. Kcroy420
23. Alchemist
24. Gator by the Sea

25. Zambo
26. Fodderwing
27. NOLAGATOR
28. jaywalker72
29. Mr2Bits
30. Gulfstream
31. GatorJ
32. Defend the Swamp
33. TN G8tr
34. neteng
35. Pablos Tunnel
36. RocketCityGator

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
I'm in, but can I ask something? Are there any limitations on who you pick? For example, if you felt Florida was going to win every game, could you pick them every week or are you required to change every week?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
First the innocent game picks, then more games of chance, then firewater, you take our guns and herd us onto arid, rocky lands ...
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in, but can I ask something? Are there any limitations on who you pick? For example, if you felt Florida was going to win every game, could you pick them every week or are you required to change every week?
You can only pick among the games I provide to you to pick from. UF may not (and likely won't) be on the list.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
First the innocent game picks, then more games of chance, then firewater, you take our guns and herd us onto arid, rocky lands ...
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Does this mean you're in or not? A straight answer would be nice.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You need to clarify the rules a bit I think. This isn't really how survivor works. It's typically an NFL game but sure it can work with NCAA as well. Generally it's single elimination and you don't pick against a point spread, you pick the games straight up but you can only pick any team once. That's kind of the whole point. You look ahead at a teams schedule and schematically plan when you intend to use that pick trying to outsmart the competition. It's real easy at first since you take the big favorites but as the season progresses it gets hard because you have used up a lot of the good teams. If the software you are using has survivor then I'm sure it keeps track of the teams a player has already picked so they can't pick them twice. You might want to try running a simulation and see how it works.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You need to clarify the rules a bit I think. This isn't really how survivor works. It's typically an NFL game but sure it can work with NCAA as well. Generally it's single elimination and you don't pick against a point spread, you pick the games straight up but you can only pick any team once. That's kind of the whole point. You look ahead at a teams schedule and schematically plan when you intend to use that pick trying to outsmart the competition. It's real easy at first since you take the big favorites but as the season progresses it gets hard because you have used up a lot of the good teams. If the software you are using has survivor then I'm sure it keeps track of the teams a player has already picked so they can't pick them twice. You might want to try running a simulation and see how it works.
I may want to try hitting you over the head with a shovel.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You were right and I updated the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb