Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We will not face worse pitching the rest of the season and we left 9 men on base. I am delighted with the progress so far but it is safe to say that we will face much better pitching when the conference schedule starts next week. I'm not buying tickets to Omaha just yet.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not think this would grab a lot of attention in its own thread, b/c baseball in general does not. But here is a way to speed up games. Or maybe this may eliminate the home plate umpire all together.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We will not face worse pitching the rest of the season and we left 9 men on base. I am delighted with the progress so far but it is safe to say that we will face much better pitching when the conference schedule starts next week. I'm not buying tickets to Omaha just yet.

Every team has games where hitting with RISP is a struggle, no matter the competition. I agree on not buying tix to Omaha yet, but that’s due to bullpen woes more so than the offense

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I did not think this would grab a lot of attention in its own thread, b/c baseball in general does not. But here is a way to speed up games. Or maybe this may eliminate the home plate umpire all together.

Yeah this clown just wanted to go home and also punish the batter for challenging the pitch before which was a ball he called strike two. Good for that league administrator for suspending this bad actor.

Part of it may be the catchers are now taught to jerk balls or borderline pitches back into the strike zone after catching it. The art of framing a pitch is another lost art of baseball.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Looks like Lankford is going to miss another game after fouling a ball off his nuts Friday. Isn't really a problem today or Tuesday but we need this Johnny Hustle in the line-up Thursday against Bama. He may be the most fun Gator player I've watched in a long time.

Damn they just announced Lankford had to have surgery and will be out a couple of weeks. Thoughts and prayers for this young man are appropriate. The pain, the pain.

Last edited:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like Lankford is going to miss another game after fouling a ball off his nuts Friday. Isn't really a problem today or Tuesday but we need this Johnny Hustle in the line-up Thursday against Bama. He may be the most fun Gator player I've watched in a long time.

Damn they just announced Lankford had to have surgery and will be out a couple of weeks. Thoughts and prayers for this young man are appropriate. The pain, the pain.
Seems like how long he will miss is uncertain, but I read on Twitter it would likely be about 3 weeks. I can't seem to find the tweet that said it though. Hopefully he recovers fully and is back in the lineup when it really matters.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Purnell. No
Hartzog. No

Insert sad face emoji.

Sienna batter swings at ball 4 ~ 4 times and then watches strike 3

Thursday we go from playing against rookie league pitching and hitting to playing against AA and AAA teams

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We need to enjoy Jac Cags! We have a superstar cruising thru the program so every AB and outing should be enjoyed. He is really the "straw that stirs the drink"

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Purnell. No
Hartzog. No

Insert sad face emoji.

Sienna batter swings at ball 4 ~ 4 times and then watches strike 3

Thursday we go from playing against rookie league pitching and hitting to playing against AA and AAA teams
I just saw the box score. I see Purnell's Old Folks Country Sausage finally got another chance, against the worst team on the schedule. He did record 5 outs I see, but of course had to HIT 2 batters in the process. He blows.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I just saw the box score. I see Purnell's Old Folks Country Sausage finally got another chance, against the worst team on the schedule. He did record 5 outs I see, but of course had to HIT 2 batters in the process. He blows.
The opposition has learned not to try and HIT Purnell, just wait a few and he will HIT the batter.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like how long he will miss is uncertain, but I read on Twitter it would likely be about 3 weeks. I can't seem to find the tweet that said it though. Hopefully he recovers fully and is back in the lineup when it really matters.
Expected to miss weeks after surgery

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Pitching woes return against the Ospreys. Thru 3 Nesbitt and Jameson aren't very good. Gators down 2-0 let's hit Gators.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Jameson has an 18.00 ERA.
His second and third innings were solid. Fic was dominating for 3 and Neely looked like a solid closer. Had to manufacture some runs tonight since the top of the lineup couldn't buy a hit. It happens. Bama Thursday night on TV.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In total the staff only walked 1 and only hit one batter, so much improvement. Nesbitt was not as sharp as last week, but UNF is not a terrible team, but he did not have his A stuff. I like Jameson, but he just can't seem to get outs, but in fairness he walked no one so that bothers me less. He just can't quite locate when needed. It is not as frustrating watching the other team get hits as opposed to walking around the bases without swinging.

Looks like it is going to be the 3 starters from here on out and a bullpen of Slater, Fic, Fisher, Abner and Neely, barring a blowout game. Midweek game will be a potpourri of the hopefuls. The wildcard will be Coppola if he comes back. I am sure Sully will pitch him midweek if healthy just to see what he has before throwing him to the weekend wolves out of the bullpen, if his arm is healthy and his pitching stuff can measure up.

Rather see the little lefty playing left field this weekend. Fabian looks uncomfortable out there and of course Evans dropped another routine fly that would have ended the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator