Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is usually the type of game we turn in once we reach Omaha. Hopefully we are using it up early. Let's get run ruled and head home One takeaway from the Vandy hitters. Hit the ball on the ground where it is pitched. Something good might happen.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Just came out flat. Hard to beat a team 5 X anyway. The men will battle, lets find a lil mojo and not get anyone hurt. Goals still right in front of us

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Channel surfing after the Colonial ended, wind up watching this schytshow. WTF was Sully thinking in that 3rd inning leaving that pitcher in there to just get hammered batter after batter? Was he just like "oh well this game's over, may as well leave him in there?"

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Channel surfing after the Colonial ended, wind up watching this schytshow. WTF was Sully thinking in that 3rd inning leaving that pitcher in there to just get hammered batter after batter? Was he just like "oh well this game's over, may as well leave him in there?"
Not defending Sully but early on this was use all your garbage pitchers and hope to get lucky. Fisher Jameson may have surpassed NicFic after today. Jameson has a great arm but no consistency, so maybe he found himslef lately. Nesbitt also can throw strikes usually.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
ghows-LK-88e7e2bc-b58e-421e-8d3c-09161cb07614-ffb89161.jpeg

This is usually the type of game we turn in once we reach Omaha. Hopefully we are using it up early. Let's get run ruled and head home One takeaway from the Vandy hitters. Hit the ball on the ground where it is pitched. Something good might happen.

UNC won’t beat us this time

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Embarrassing, pathetic, unconscionable, inexcusable, ridiculous, asinine, incompetent, etc. etc. etc...golly gee Gators show up and play the dam game the way it's supposed to be played with some passion...that is all...carry on...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm traveling this weekend and didn't watch the game. Thankfully!! I wonder if Sully is just throwing his best buddy Corbin a bone to improve Vandy's seeding for the tourney.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I guess it's the sec's tournament, and they make the rules but single elimination after the "play-in" round is a joke.

I remember the day when winners played until there was only one in the winner's bracket and the team coming out of the loser's bracket team would need to win 2 against the winner to take the championship. The current format is completely unfair with a single elimination in the championship rounds. A double header today would have been outstanding (except, perhaps, for the pitchers in the regionals).

Still, the fans needed to see the Gators play the piglets and the loser of thar game play the winner of commodes vs agboys for the right to play in the championship. I suppose it's too easy for athletics to go for the TV dollars over fairness, but it doesn't seem fairness has anything to do with amateur athletics right now (aka Gaines et al).

At least we should be rested and back to our regular rotation. Although Cags has been heaving one game on and the next horrible, he should be OK for his turn in the regional. IMO it is more important that his long ball bat needs to come back alive. And not to leave anyone out, Rivera needs to get back into his groove also.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I guess it's the sec's tournament, and they make the rules but single elimination after the "play-in" round is a joke.

I remember the day when winners played until there was only one in the winner's bracket and the team coming out of the loser's bracket team would need to win 2 against the winner to take the championship. The current format is completely unfair with a single elimination in the championship rounds. A double header today would have been outstanding (except, perhaps, for the pitchers in the regionals).

Still, the fans needed to see the Gators play the piglets and the loser of thar game play the winner of commodes vs agboys for the right to play in the championship. I suppose it's too easy for athletics to go for the TV dollars over fairness, but it doesn't seem fairness has anything to do with amateur athletics right now (aka Gaines et al).

At least we should be rested and back to our regular rotation. Although Cags has been heaving one game on and the next horrible, he should be OK for his turn in the regional. IMO it is more important that his long ball bat needs to come back alive. And not to leave anyone out, Rivera needs to get back into his groove also.
Kurland at leadoff is big. If he's hot the teams unbeatable.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016

This is impossible given 5 days from Regional. As much “as fans” we dislike the format, in truth, the whole tournament should be single elimination with all SEC participants. Afterall, it is the SEC tournament and champion is crowd based of regular season, not tournament

I understand the comment and remember the same format, but as you saw yesterday the teams were throwing players who haven’t pitched this season, watered down ship IMO. Single elimination moving forward should be the format

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Don't buy your tickets to Omaha just yet. Gators got a tough bracket. And, if we win our bracket we face the winner of the South Carolina bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.