Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I hope you are not suggesting Rivera, Cags and Kurland should be laying down sac bunts???? Halter, Shiekofer, Robertson but not anyone in the one thru six hole! Almost never!

'Almost' Often times a successful bunt can turn around a guy that can't buy a hit. Riopelle would be good candidate during one of his strikeout streaks depending on the situation. Kurland definitely needs to learn how to bunt

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
'Almost' Often times a successful bunt can turn around a guy that can't buy a hit. Riopelle would be good candidate during one of his strikeout streaks depending on the situation. Kurland definitely needs to learn how to bunt
Agreed, bunting for a hit when the situation allows is a great opportunity to break out of a slump or just to start a rally. I will stick with "almost never" for our 1, 3 nd 4 to sac a guy to second and give up an out and the opportunity for a big inning.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
You might want to follow the regular season a little more closely too. Iowa State doesn't have a baseball team.

It's a little surprising some other big athletic programs don't either. Wisconsin, SMU, Tulsa, Syracuse, Colorado, and Colorado State are the most recognizable. Title IX I assume. You would have to add a money-losing female sport for a potentially money-losing male sport (maybe breakeven).
Yep, CU, CSU and DU all gave it up for Title IX - and they kinda sucked at it anyway.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I am not going to disagree one bit but I assure you even tho Kash had good at bats the entire game, including a HR earlier, if you were going to pitch to him, nothing should have been within a foot of the strike zone. But Sully would say you do not want to intentionally walk a guy and put the go ahead run in scoring position (2nd base). Hogwash. He was a lefty with a HR already and a lighter hitting righty on deck.
If my intention is to not give him anything to swing at then I put him on. No chance for a passed ball and saves pitches. Sully has a very warped understanding of the game and seems to have a problem with risk management particularly with our BP. The go ahead run was standing on 1st with a guy like Kash at the plate, that changes the understanding of where the go ahead run really is.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Lotta this in here :nervous:. This type can't lose. They can rail on Sully and the players if we don't win it all or if we keep winning it will be in spite of him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lotta this in here :nervous:. This type can't lose. They can rail on Sully and the players if we don't win it all or if we keep winning it will be in spite of him.
Winning championships is certainly in spite of him. It's just like Kirby Dumb - stockpile so much talent they have no choice but to win.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I hate baseball, but would like to see UF doing well. Can someone educate me on the CWS eliminations? I know it is double elim, but the loss the gators got in the opening rounds...does that carry through to SuperRegionals or is it a clean slate? Are the losses wiped for Omaha?

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I hate baseball, but would like to see UF doing well. Can someone educate me on the CWS eliminations? I know it is double elim, but the loss the gators got in the opening rounds...does that carry through to SuperRegionals or is it a clean slate? Are the losses wiped for Omaha?
Clean Slate. Best 2 of 3 this weekend in all eight series. Then two, 4 team brackets in Omaha, both double elim. the 2 teams that advance to the champ final in Omaha then play best 2 of 3

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
OK, it's ace on ace Friday night. While we got schooled at there place we have been much better down the stretch than the Cockless and our SEC record is much better than them. We need Sproat to pitch a gem, our D to play to capabilities and our hitters to use the entire field and have men on base all night long. Let's all put on our favorite superstitious shirt and hat and cheer them on. NO NEGATIVE VIBES BITCHES!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Remember, I'm the weird in-law; I only married into this family

There are still high expectations for you… non-negotiable. If you can’t handle the pressure, tell Mrs. Gator that you are forever grateful for the opportunity she afforded you, but a good man’s got to know his limitations. Walk out the door and don’t look back. OR you can man up and stick around as long as we allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.