Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So I have been watching this Clemson- Tinerc game thinking it was some kind of matchup on paper. Tinerc hit s a 3 run homer in the top of the 9th with 2 outs to take a one run lead. Clemmy ties it up in the bottom of the 9th. Now Clemmy loaded the bases in the bottom 10th with no outs and Tinerc got out of it. This is some game for Game 2 of a regional.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Slater threw a gopher ball to the TT top HR hitter. Any idiot knows you throw something outside off the plate but close enough to maybe entice a swing and miss. A worse case scenario is you walk him and pitch to the next guy. Slate should be demoted to JV and the coach should be fired or promoted to AD.
I begged that Fuchser to walk him (and hell yeah he could hear me) when the count went full. We let Oklahoma's best hr hitter hit 3 and beat us last year. Same shjt.
He broke me, I won't go back tomorrow.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
$65 million stadium and facilities and we can’t even get to a damned Super Regional anymore.

Sully can take his no good wife beating drunk ass somewhere else.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With the same players, UF might have 7 or 8 NC's in the past 10 years with a good manager.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Should have walked Kash and we need to go with a lineup that can give us the best batters throughout the lineup and that might mean having Robinson on the bench the rest of the way. If we have to pitch Waldrep to beat Uconn we are pretty much done no matter. We don't have the pitching to scrap back from this. Sully could've rotated guys every 2 inning (except Waldrep and Sproat) and beat FAMU. Guy has no ability to manage these situations.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Should have walked Kash and we need to go with a lineup that can give us the best batters throughout the lineup and that might mean having Robinson on the bench the rest of the way. If we have to pitch Waldrep to beat Uconn we are pretty much done no matter. We don't have the pitching to scrap back from this. Sully could've rotated guys every 2 inning (except Waldrep and Sproat) and beat FAMU. Guy has no ability to manage these situations.
I am not going to disagree one bit but I assure you even tho Kash had good at bats the entire game, including a HR earlier, if you were going to pitch to him, nothing should have been within a foot of the strike zone. But Sully would say you do not want to intentionally walk a guy and put the go ahead run in scoring position (2nd base). Hogwash. He was a lefty with a HR already and a lighter hitting righty on deck.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TT finished 6th in the Big XII and they just beat the SEC champ at their home field. Let that sink in.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
$65 million stadium and facilities and we can’t even get to a damned Super Regional anymore.

Sully can take his no good wife beating drunk ass somewhere else.

You guys need to remember that the goals for our sports programs have changed during the last few years.
We only desire to compete for championships not actually win them in any meaningful sport.
Finishing the regular season ranked #2 and hosting a regional more than qualified the baseball team for excellence in championship level competition.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As a pitcher, the UConn starter sux, yet he makes some of our guys look like hot garbage. what is it about soft tossing lefties that some of our guys do not understand. Stop swinging for the downs. But that is the every pitch approach.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a pitcher, the UConn starter sux, yet he makes some of our guys look like hot garbage. what is it about soft tossing lefties that some of our guys do not understand. Stop swinging for the downs. But that is the every pitch approach.
A 5 pitch 3rd inning...... :dunno:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Get Colby Halter out of my daggum lineup

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
This administration isn't firing Sully this year and neither would any other administration. Yes our administration sucks but keeping sully is a really really bad example of that.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
You guys need to remember that the goals for our sports programs have changed during the last few years.
We only desire to compete for championships not actually win them in any meaningful sport.
Finishing the regular season ranked #2 and hosting a regional more than qualified the baseball team for excellence in championship level competition.
We won the SEC championship. We didn't compete. We won.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This administration isn't firing Sully this year and neither would any other administration. Yes our administration sucks but keeping sully is a really really bad example of that.

It's obvious to any person that is not in a coma that winning championships is not a requirement to coach at UF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator