Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It pains me that Sully doesn’t seem to think it is necessary to use a quality, experienced player at first base. Too many errors every damn year.
It was especially rough early today. The first attempted double play was on the SS for a bad throw but the second was 100% on 1B. They cleaned it up as they game went on.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It pains me that Sully doesn’t seem to think it is necessary to use a quality, experienced player at first base. Too many errors every damn year.
Other kid? I thought that was @Durty South Swamp ! Kidding, of course. Good to see the kids at the game and even better when they get to see a win…on the enemy’s home field.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have been hearing that refrain for years. It is like if a guy does not show up from HS having played or been taught to play 1B, we are SOL. For some reason we can't teach a guy to play 1B properly. If Heyman is healthy, I would not be opposed to BT at 1B and Cags DH with Heyman catching. Another bat and I don;t think there is a big difference at C or 1B. Unless BT handles pitchers better, then I would leave it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great game tonight, was on the west side and there was quite a gator presence. That 5 inning explosion had a lot of loud cheering from around the park while watching a lot of noles sit in silence. My son also got to talk with sproat for a few minutes. He was super cool and it made my son's day. Sproats his favorite player.

View attachment 55956

Great picture of Little Durty.

And I agree that you should crop the loser out of the picture.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda surprised you let him in your car with that hat on.
I agree. When I took my son and his BF (Buckeye) to see the hoops game last week, I made him wear a Gator sweatshirt. Sent his dad a picture of them at Spurrier’s in front of the Heisman trophy case and he lost it. :lol:
He said “WTF is my kid wearing?!”. I replied STFU and just be thankful I don’t convert him permanently! :lol:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have been hearing that refrain for years. It is like if a guy does not show up from HS having played or been taught to play 1B, we are SOL. For some reason we can't teach a guy to play 1B properly. If Heyman is healthy, I would not be opposed to BT at 1B and Cags DH with Heyman catching. Another bat and I don;t think there is a big difference at C or 1B. Unless BT handles pitchers better, then I would leave it.

We don't have any coaches that know how to coach 1st base. It obviously doesn't matter to Sully.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I really like the offense this season. Contrary to others here I believe this team has a defined approach to hitting that makes sense to me. It's clear they want to work the middle of the field instead of trying to pull everything. There have been many big knocks opposite field and into the alleys. They aren't obsessed with hitting the big fly even though the HR is a large part of the arsenal.

When Langford returns I would readjust the line-up as follows: Robertson, Langford, Cags, Rivera, Riopelle, Kurland, Halter, Evans and then whoever is hot in the nine hole. This give Sully his left right left right process he likes and it spreads out the two high SO guys in Riopelle and Evans. It also takes some pressure off Kurland who has been pressing the last 4 games and puts him in an RBI spot. When Heyman is healthy I like giving him more time either behind the plate or at DH.

Provided the pen continues to improve and Neely gets more comfortable closing this group has an opportunity to win every weekend series. Last nights comeback win was impressive to me.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh and in the event this is not already known information. While taking my son to school this morning he mentioned something about how it's gonna be awesome to have Sproat again next year. I turned around and said how do you know if he's playing next season and he said, "cuz he told us last night." I asked for some further detail and he said that he was listening while Brandon was talking to an adult. I saw the guy he was talking to and it was probably a 15 min convo, they clearly knew each other well. Anyway the discussion included his plans for the next few months and season and he said he was definitely coming back next year. Great news.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just saw that there was FIVE sweeps in SEC play this past weekend. That really surprises me given the depth of the conference, but especially Tinerc and Ole Piss. But hey the year we won our only title we were swept opening weekend at the Barn I believe.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Just saw that there was FIVE sweeps in SEC play this past weekend. That really surprises me given the depth of the conference, but especially Tinerc and Ole Piss. But hey the year we won our only title we were swept opening weekend at the Barn I believe.

Yeah baseball is weird. I wouldn't be super surprised if we lose two or even three weekend due to it being our first away weekend, Langford being out, and Ole Miss will be desperate. A series win would be a really good sign for this team though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Great game tonight, was on the west side and there was quite a gator presence. That 5 inning explosion had a lot of loud cheering from around the park while watching a lot of noles sit in silence. My son also got to talk with sproat for a few minutes. He was super cool and it made my son's day. Sproats his favorite player.

View attachment 55956
Sproat is our new hometown hero... the new "Pride of the Patriots!" Addison Russell was, but after his domestic violence issue/implosion (and multiple baby mommas) with the Cubs, we needed a new "Pride of the Patriots!"

Here's another random "stereotypical shallow sorority girls" story from UF... Elite Daughter knows Brandon from HS (he graduated the year before she did). One day walking with a bunch of sisters, Brandon stopped to talk to her for a couple of minutes. After, they were all "OMG! You KNOW him?!?!?!" And conversation turns to "YOU SHOULD DATE HIM!!!" :facepalm: But she confirms what you said, very nice guy, but not super bright. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Game with Ole Piss postponed tonight. DH schedule for Sat. to begin at 2:30PM. Our starters will be over rested since they last pitched a week ago Thursday and Friday, LOL

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I saw a Gator writer tweet that said Langford will be playing
I hope so. Need him back in the 2 hole on offense. I would like to see Kurland moved down towards the bottom of the order. Dont't get me wrong that kid is good, but we need a little juice down there and I am okay with Robertson leading off. Secondly, desperately need him back in LF. although he looked to be moving gingerly shagging flies the other night. But I guess anyone who had surgery in that area not that long ago would be moving slowly also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.