Status
Not open for further replies.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does she give lessons or teach a class on investing? I'll sign up.

:raisehand:

You read the big dogs talk about her mindset that is required. But it's extremely difficult for us commoners to actually embrace it. But it's simple: zero emotion. And honestly, no fear of failure... because of course what difference does it make to her? So she patiently waits. Checks in every few months. Start salivating when the shiit is hitting the fan. Then throws in sideline cash that she has slowly saved. It's all monopoly money to her.

Nearly every time she buys something... I dont have the balls to do it.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
You read the big dogs talk about her mindset that is required. But it's extremely difficult for us commoners to actually embrace it. But it's simple: zero emotion. And honestly, no fear of failure... because of course what difference does it make to her? So she patiently waits. Checks in every few months. Start salivating when the shiit is hitting the fan. Then throws in sideline cash that she has slowly saved. It's all monopoly money to her.

Nearly every time she buys something... I dont have the balls to do it.
Wuss - just follow her lead.
And send us her purchases

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I am quite leery of doing my Roth contribution for this year...I don't trust this market one bit

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I am quite leery of doing my Roth contribution for this year...I don't trust this market one bit
GDX for a guy like you. Easier than owning physical gold. or just GOLD (another ticker). There's a few. Get the bitcoin ETF HODL . There's several of those now. Just wait til bitcoin hits 1 million some day when the greenback is destroyed.

Roth Contribution is up to $7K this year for us over 50's. Gold will hit $5K some day. With 34 Trillion in debt, I'm convinced of it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am not understanding what one has to do with the other? There is no rule or law that says Roth IRA money must be invested in anything particular. Cash at over 5% is still tax free inside the Roth. And it will be there if, when and how you choose to deploy it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I am not understanding what one has to do with the other? There is no rule or law that says Roth IRA money must be invested in anything particular. Cash at over 5% is still tax free inside the Roth. And it will be there if, when and how you choose to deploy it.
Solid. Keep it in short term treasuries (available for purchase directly through most online brokerages) and then wait for the post election crash or the black swan pre-election crash.... or the eventual "White Swan," dollar crash caused by an unsustainable debt-bomb that's staring us in the face.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019

I am only at the level of an Economics novice so presumably you know more than I do…my investment value has steadily declined the last couple years….so if the market crashes, isn’t that money gone?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am only at the level of an Economics novice so presumably you know more than I do…my investment value has steadily declined the last couple years….so if the market crashes, isn’t that money gone?
If you are invested in stocks or funds that go down then yes the value will go down. but if you want to just let it sit there in cash or in a money fund, right now you can get 5%. So let's assume you put in $1,000, leave it in cash at 5% simple interest (not compounding, for this discussion only) and at the end of 1 year you will have $1,050, regardless of what any stocks or stock fund does. Now buying power may be lower due to inflation, but you will have that amount of money. But perhaps your retirement money is directed into certain investments when you make a deposit, I am not sure.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It's only gone if you sell it. Someone (I think Buffett) said that the stock market is way to take money from the impatient and give it to the people with patience.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's only gone if you sell it. Someone (I think Buffett) said that the stock market is way to take money from the impatient and give it to the people with patience.
You know I never sold my WorldCom stock and I finally decided to use those certificates as wallpaper when Bernie Ebbers went to jail.:grin:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Is that part of his divorce settlement? The former Mrs. Bezos did very well in that particular dissolution.
She did. I don't think this is part of the settlement. She got her own, stocks, cash and properties from the deal.

I think due to the size, he has to disclose them ahead of time.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
And Muni's although their a little under 5%...
Just sold all my muni's. Was using a managed fund based on a package of muni's -- EVN.

I'm scared to death of civil unrest caused by an influx of 10 million foreigners with no housing and no jobs. They are really going to overburden our Blue Cities and their budgets. I foresee some defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.