Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, the NFL did it just two years ago when the 49ers traded a King's ransom to move up to #3 to take Trey Lance. NFL coaches always think they are the key to unlocking the greatness in quarterbacks. They almost never can.

For whatever little it's worth, I think AR has more talent than Lance.
See Green Bay Packers also

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If/when he goes, I wish him the very best of luck. Unfortunately I just don't think he's an NFL QB with his completion %. According to Will Miles completion %s rarely change much after Highschool. AR's never been much above 55% except on rare great games. Dude has a heck of an arm and makes some dime type throws at times, but he's also so very inconsistent and doesn't read defenses all that well. Especially pre-snap and getting out of bad play calls. Either way, he's apparently a great kid with a great attitude and is constantly helping others through different charities. Class kid and a Gainesville native to boot, so I can't do anything but wish him well. Assuming he goes in the first round, that's life changing money for him and his family regardless of whether he gets a second contract or not.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just listened to a podcast today about AR. It was with Denny Thompson. Although AR has not come out and said anything, FSU is more than likely his last game.

He is expected to go in the first round.

Denny Thompson has been working with AR for more than three years now.
Teaching him what I would ask. I hope AR’s family hasn’t been paying him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him well either way. Would not mind if he came back. But if he does declare I hope it is early enough that gives Napier time to do what they need to in order to solidify anything in the Portal. Kitna can step up. Perhaps getting the WF transfer will help deepen the room and something serviceable until Rashada is ready. Regardless if Rashada is the next one, he'll need to get PT next year.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The article said AR is already doing with the football that very few people on this planet would even consider. What exactly would that be?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him well either way. Would not mind if he came back. But if he does declare I hope it is early enough that gives Napier time to do what they need to in order to solidify anything in the Portal. Kitna can step up. Perhaps getting the WF transfer will help deepen the room and something serviceable until Rashada is ready. Regardless if Rashada is the next one, he'll need to get PT next year.
Don't be shocked if Max Brown ends up beating out Rashada. Kid had a 71% completion rate as a senior and had only been playing QB for 2-3 years. He'll need a couple years to develop before he's D1 ready, but I think the kid's got a high ceiling.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Don't be shocked if Max Brown ends up beating out Rashada. Kid had a 71% completion rate as a senior and had only been playing QB for 2-3 years. He'll need a couple years to develop before he's D1 ready, but I think the kid's got a high ceiling.
I really don't expect much out of Rashada to start with...being a California kid who chased cane money before coming to his senses. Guess we will see.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rashada is a nice add for depth and buzz but my money says he never does anything meaningful in the O&B

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Might be the worst thing that could happen to AR. 3rd pick, unless traded, will belong to one of the very worst teams in the league. No question he needs at least another year of development to be better prepared to be the young leader of a bad pro team. But, 10's of millions of dollars might be too tempting for the young man. I think he's a generational talent. I hope he takes the long view.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Might be the worst thing that could happen to AR. 3rd pick, unless traded, will belong to one of the very worst teams in the league. No question he needs at least another year of development to be better prepared to be the young leader of a bad pro team. But, 10's of millions of dollars might be too tempting for the young man. I think he's a generational talent. I hope he takes the long view.
The money is tempting, but my fear would be he lands up being drafted by Detroit or Cleveland.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Tell us specifically why. Omit nothing.
He needs game reps to sort out his decision making and footwork. Another year at UF will give him that. I’m wary of him going high and his team not having the patience for him to get those game reps. There is no patience in the NFL. He can be great, or he can be Vince Young.

The risk of staying would be NOT progressing in year 2 as a full time starter. But he works diligently at it so I think he’ll show great improvement even if the pieces around him are still in rebuilding mode.

If he’s told round 1 or 2 then he will likely go for the guaranteed money. But I think long term he’s better off developing his craft here.

I’m a fan either way.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Rashada is a nice add for depth and buzz but my money says he never does anything meaningful in the O&B
Will Miles put his odds of being drafted at 25% based on guys rated in his range the last 10 years. But if you consistently recruit guys in that range every year, you’ll find your starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.