Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
I doubt AR ever starts under center in the NFL, but even if not, with his athleticism, he's probably worth a 1st just to turn into a TE. He's even faster and more athletic than Pitts, who went 4th overall, at a similar size.

Not sure how his hands are, but if he can (be taught to) reliably catch the ball then he becomes a dangerous weapon as well as a solid option at wildcat QB on special packages, a la Taysom Hill.

Wish him luck in the league, but I don't think you can teach accuracy well enough to make him a viable starting NFL QB.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt AR ever starts under center in the NFL, but even if not, with his athleticism, he's probably worth a 1st just to turn into a TE. He's even faster and more athletic than Pitts, who went 4th overall, at a similar size.

Not sure how his hands are, but if he can (be taught to) reliably catch the ball then he becomes a dangerous weapon as well as a solid option at wildcat QB on special packages, a la Taysom Hill.

Wish him luck in the league, but I don't think you can teach accuracy well enough to make him a viable starting NFL QB.
he's not a viable SEC QB so he sure as hell won't be a viable NFL QB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Nearly impossible to learn a completely different position at that level. Plus his biggest issue is not wanting to run and take hits. Zero chance he ever successfully switches to TE.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If AR stays, he has a shot at a Heisman and we have a shot at a championship.
You suppose the NFL will want to consult us before it takes the tragic leap?
They would be smart to do so. The kid needs another year of seasoning. And he may be a huge disappointment.

Some team will take the chance anyways. That's how high his upside is. He has Josh Allen level physical talent.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Nearly impossible to learn a completely different position at that level. Plus his biggest issue is not wanting to run and take hits. Zero chance he ever successfully switches to TE.
Based on his body of work this season I doubt he ever gets off the taxi squad before he is cut in year three.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
he's not a viable SEC QB so he sure as hell won't be a viable NFL QB.
You know we had two QB's on the same roster at the same time by the names od Dypshyt and Brissett. Neither of them seemed like the type that would be SEC caliber when they were with us, but somehow they have hung around the NFL going on 10 or so years it seems. So before I pronounce AR having no chance to make it in the NFL, I will need to allow him to be coached 24/7 for a good 2 years. But based on his college resume, his accuracy says no way.

BTW if AR is leaving I hold no ill will and wish him the best. But if true I say NO WAY to him playing in a meaningless bowl game. Would much rather have Kitna play a game against a D 1 opponent.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They would be smart to do so. The kid needs another year of seasoning. And he may be a huge disappointment.

Some team will take the chance anyways. That's how high his upside is. He has Josh Allen level physical talent.
He doesn’t even have a quarterback coach here. Why wouldn’t he go to the NFL where he will get elite QB coaching?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PFN365: Earlier this week, sources close to the #Gators program reiterated to @TonyPauline that the belief is QB Anthony Richardson will enter the 2023 NFL Draft.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AR is gonna climb to be no later than a mid 1st rounder. No saying he'll make it or he won't but someone is gonna bite. Also levis sucks and hooker who was also being mocked in the 1st, just tore his acl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator