Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
What team in desperate need of a great int. DL or OL(and they all are) or LB, DB would waste a 1st rd pick on a project? He had problems handling the speed of the college game...the NFL is going to be much quicker. We've all heard he's a first rounder but what teams have specifically come out and shown interest? Seattle, Denver? Houston maybe or the Foreskins? Falcons or Panthers. They all need QB's but if you could trade a pick for a solid NFL backup why would you draft AR? If Rodgers or goes to the market, I'm sorry that guy gets signed way before I shat the bed picking AR.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Joe Burrow he aint...reading defenses aint his strong suit, hesitation in decision making is...meh

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know we had two QB's on the same roster at the same time by the names od Dypshyt and Brissett. Neither of them seemed like the type that would be SEC caliber when they were with us, but somehow they have hung around the NFL going on 10 or so years it seems. So before I pronounce AR having no chance to make it in the NFL, I will need to allow him to be coached 24/7 for a good 2 years. But based on his college resume, his accuracy says no way.

BTW if AR is leaving I hold no ill will and wish him the best. But if true I say NO WAY to him playing in a meaningless bowl game. Would much rather have Kitna play a game against a D 1 opponent.
This didn't age well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not seeing it. All hype, very little results.

Second rounder at best.
Geez, you guys are dope smokers that know nothing about the NFL and how they think. Those coaches are always convinced they are the ones to turn potential into superstardom, and AR has unbelievable potential.

I could make a list of 25 QB's in the last decade that went in the first round with very little results.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Geez, you guys are dope smokers that know nothing about the NFL and how they think. Those coaches are always convinced they are the ones to turn potential into superstardom, and AR has unbelievable potential.

I could make a list of 25 QB's in the last decade that went in the first round with very little results.
25? I doubt it. And if AR is a "project" QB how long does he get? 3 years? If so, no need to go back 10. If he isn't producing after 3-4 years he's probably done.

2018-BAKER MAYFIELD (BROWNS), SAM DARNOLD (JETS), JOSH ALLEN (BILLS), JOSH ROSEN (CARDINALS), LAMAR JACKSON (RAVENS)
2019-KYLER MURRAY (CARDINALS), DANIEL JONES (GIANTS), DWAYNE HASKINS (WASHINGTON)
-JOE BURROW (BENGALS), TUA TAGOVAILOA (DOLPHINS), JUSTIN HERBERT (CHARGERS), JORDAN LOVE (PACKERS)
2021-Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Mac Jones.

Most of these are starters.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, it's probably closer to 50.

You've been poking the bear lately. Swamp Gas may be calling your name.
You may want to curb your enthusiasm for AR's NFL success. That's not to say I don't wish him well but I don't see it. I wouldn't last a day with Swamp Gas. I perused it a few months ago after hearing how horrible it was over there. UFB!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ive looked at a few different mock drafts the last few days. just viewed the cbs sports one now. AR is not in the top 32 for any of them. at this point id say believing him going in the 1st round is pretty similar to believing he was going to contend for a heisman this season. all hype, no substance.

on a positive note, torrence is listed in all of them anywhere between 18 and 26.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You may want to curb your enthusiasm for AR's NFL success. That's not to say I don't wish him well but I don't see it. I wouldn't last a day with Swamp Gas. I perused it a few months ago after hearing how horrible it was over there. UFB!!
You turd, putting words in my mouth. Show me one place where I mentioned he'd have success in the NFL (I seriously doubt he will). All I've ever said is he'll be drafted in the first round, and he will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ive looked at a few different mock drafts the last few days. just viewed the cbs sports one now. AR is not in the top 32 for any of them. at this point id say believing him going in the 1st round is pretty similar to believing he was going to contend for a heisman this season. all hype, no substance.

on a positive note, torrence is listed in all of them anywhere between 18 and 26.
AR is likely to have a strong combine. He can throw 80 yards and probably runs a 4.5. The scouts will be drooling.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AR is likely to have a strong combine. He can throw 80 yards and probably runs a 4.5. The scouts will be drooling.
I think he can run sub 4.5 and he has the arm strength to throw it 70 yards from his knees. I believe you’re right in that one team will be unable to resist the temptation and waste a 1st round pick on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb